Utility Billing Analyst
Company: Resource Energy
Location: Ellicott City
Posted on: February 12, 2024
Resource Energy (RES) provides highly customized energy
procurement and energy use and data management solutions to many of
the world's largest commercial real estate companies as well as
commercial and industrial businesses. At RES, we develop and
implement energy strategies that reduce expenses, minimize, and
manage risk, leverage our experience and data to optimize energy
use and manage greenhouse gas emissions, report on best practices
in sustainability as well as generate profitable revenue streams
for our clients. These strategies include power and gas
procurement, energy data collection and calculations,
sustainability analysis/reporting and multiple other energy related
The Energy Billing Analyst supports multiple clients with primary
responsibility for tenant utility billing calculations. Other
responsibilities include tracking energy savings, analyzing and
reporting energy consumption and costs and other ad hoc services.
The role encompasses a detailed and analytically driven framework
revolving around energy calculations and accounting. As part of
this team, an energy analyst has the unique opportunity within a
dynamic environment to shape the organization's solutions and
- Energy billing calculations on behalf of our clients for
electric, gas, solar, water and HVAC for tenants within our
national footprint of real estate.
- Ensure the satisfaction of all clients and their tenants by
providing a superior level of service.
- Responds timely to tenant/client inquiries in accordance with
established Resource Energy procedures.
- Prepares client utility budgets and reforecasts and performs
related variance analysis.
- Monthly maintenance of utility tariff data, and property
information within our database to ensure consistency and accuracy
- Reviews utility specific lease language, to ensure tenants are
properly billed in accordance with their individual leases.
- Resolution of utility account issues with utility companies and
bill processing firms.
- Participation in client requested or other internal projects to
advance the mission of the organization; may include tenant
metering, utility system analysis and shopping center allocation
- Energy performance reporting for clients and related analysis
on usage and cost trends
- Ad hoc Reporting in response to client specific requests
- Other additional responsibilities might also include, but are
not limited to: load study analysis, assisting in software
development, demand response enrollment, and client
- BA/BS in Energy, Accounting, Engineering, Computer Science or
similar analytical discipline preferred.
- Previous related work experience with knowledge of accounting
concepts, energy calculations, or commercial real estate experience
- Proficient in using MS Excel to combine and analyze data from
various sources and generate reports and graphics. Must be able to
combine large volumes of data for consolidated reporting.
- Strong client service orientation with the ability to interface
with all levels within our clients' organizations
- Strong attention to detail with excellent time management,
project management and follow through skills
Keywords: Resource Energy, Ellicott City , Utility Billing Analyst, Professions , Ellicott City, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!