Packaging Material Handler - D Shift (7pm-7am)
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Imagine ...working for a company that knows that its people are
the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which
achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process. We cultivate and embrace a
diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse
backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and
enrich our global culture. We are looking for an individual who
enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to
be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
(Starting times and hours may vary depending on coverage due to
report-offs and the production schedule especially during
holidays.) JOB SUMMARY/ JOB DUTIES
The Packaging Material Handler is responsible for handling
materials related to food production on the packaging floor.
- Reads production schedule to determine items to be moved,
gathered, or distributed. Weighs or counts items for distribution
within the plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
- Requires visual verification of items, physical movement of the
product from manufacturing into the warehouse area.
- If applicable, operates/drives material handling equipment to
transport stored items within the packaging room/facility.
- Responsible for removal and waste tracking in the packaging
- Inspects product load for accuracy, and safely moves it around
the packaging floor or other parts of the facility as needed to
ensure timely and complete delivery.
- Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas
to storage or to other designated areas.
- Position lifting devices under, over, or around loaded pallets,
skids, and boxes, and secure material or products for transport to
- Opens bales, crates, and other containers.
- Moves portable equipment to packaging floor from storage
- Manually or mechanically loads and unloads materials from
pallets, skids, platforms, cars, lifting devices, or other
- Operates or tends automatic stacking, loading, packaging, or
- Maintains general housekeeping duties, sweeps floors, retrieves
pallets and distributes to proper locations; performs light
maintenance. Ensure all recyclables are placed in designated
- Practices and adheres to appropriate safety procedures,
including but not limited to, wearing all needed PPE (Personal
Protective Equipment) when required.
- Other duties that may be performed by the Material Handler are,
but not limited to: safe housekeeping, keeping work areas clean;
storing supplies in designated areas; keeping aisles/exits clear
and free from obstructions; removing trash from work area floor;
following instructions for safe lifting/carrying of various sizes,
shapes, and weights. Practices and adheres to GMP (Good
Manufacturing Practices) guidelines/procedures.
- Ensures proper placement of the pallet tag on the product and
marks materials with identifying information.
- Performs other job-related projects, duties, and assignments as
directed by supervision, including packing.
- Perform sanitation tasks as directed.
- Mandatory overtime may be required.
- May perform other duties as required. EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or GED and/or 1-year production experience in a
manufacturing environment required.
- Sitting: Seldom
- Standing: Continuously
- Walking: Frequently
- Driving: Occasionally
- Using hands: Continuously
- Climbing: Occasionally
- Stooping, Kneeling: Frequently
- Talking, Hearing: Continuously
- Tasting, Smelling: Seldom
- Floor to Waist Lift: Frequently
- Waist to Eye Lift: Occasionally
- Two-Handed Carry: Frequently
- Pushing: Continuously
- Pulling: Continuously
- Overhead Work Standing: Frequently
- Ladder Climbing: Occasionally
- Repetitive Twisting Standing: Frequently Repetitive Twisting
- Hand Dexterity: Continuously
- Bending: Continuously Weight
- Up to 10 lbs.: Continuously
- Up to 25 lbs.: Frequently
- Up to 50 lbs.: Occasionally
- Up to 100 lbs.: Frequently
- More than 100 lbs.: Frequently WORK ENVIRONMENT
The noise level in the work environment is quiet in the office
areas but moderate on the warehouse floor. Temperature is ambient
and impacted by seasonal changes ACR The Company is committed to
providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all
aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race,
color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age,
religion or any other classification protected by law. In that
regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from
discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal
law. Click here for additional information.
Keywords: Campbells, Ellicott City , Packaging Material Handler - D Shift (7pm-7am), Professions , Hanover, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!