Company: Aston Carter
Location: New Oxford
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Aston Carter is looking for two Purchasing Specialists for our
client in New Oxford, PA. These positions are temporary assignments
for around 6 months. Job Description:The Purchasing Specialist
works to secure the raw materials required for production of
company products at the best price and at the time they are needed.
Main Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Daily purchasing including purchase orders, cross-company
purchase orders and required follow up to confirm and track ship
dates, and push out, pull in, or cancel orders as needed
- Communication with vendors and sister sites to develop and
maintain effective relationships, obtain details for open order
reports, expedite orders based on production needs, facilitate
vendor returns, etc.
- Monitor raw material requirements and communicate issues and
- Escalate critical vendor/supply issues to PSNL
- Monitor and update safety stock for raw materials
- Update raw material lead times
- Create and maintain vendor and raw material information in
- Provide vendor information for NOX site
- Coordinate samples, pickups, and drop offs with vendors
- Obtain certifications of authenticity/conformity for incoming
- Provide reports and information as requested
- Support sister sites with raw material set up, vendor
information, NOX lead times, etc.
- Approve stock sharing with sister sites, provide transfer
pricing, coordinate drop shipments
- Internal, external, vendor, production, ops meetings, etc. as
- Participate in on-site and/or company-wide initiativesSchedule:
- Monday - Friday
- Will need to work the hours of the current employee that is
going out on leave (typically either 6:00-2:30 or 7:00-3:30) for
- After the employee goes out on leave, the shift can be flexible
between a 6:00-8:00 start time)Skills & Qualifications:
- 2+ years in Purchasing/Buying/Procurement
- Software skills to include Microsoft Office, specifically
Excel, and SAP
- Effective communication and negotiation skills
- Problem solver
- Team player
About Aston Carter:
Please Note: Scammers are posing as Aston Carter. We'll never
contact you via Gmail, Telegram, or WhatsApp and we'll never
solicit money from you.
At Aston Carter, we're dedicated to expanding career opportunities
for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success
is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team
across a range of positions - from recruiting, sales and delivery
to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the
opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is
rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and
consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services
to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four
continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients'
capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address
today's workforce challenges. For organizations looking for
innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals,
visit Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global
leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all
applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion,
national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation,
gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic
protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as
the modification or adjustment of the job application process or
interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835
or email for other accommodation options. However, if you have
questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located
at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point
of contact for questions about this position.
Keywords: Aston Carter, Ellicott City , Purchasing Specialist, Other , New Oxford, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!