Company: Kalmbach Feeds Inc
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionAbout the Role: The Yard Jockey will move trucks
and trailers and straight trucks between multiple facilities for
loading and unloading products. There is no over the road work,
Yard Jockey's will be home every day.
- You move van trailers between facilities – often requires drop
- You move bulk feed trailers and straight trucks to scale and
load bulk feed at multiple facilities.
- You move ingredient hopper trailers to load and unload products
as multiple facilities.
- You move liquid tankers and air can trailers between facilities
to load and unload ingredients.
- You are self-paced and don't mind exposure to outside ambient
- You take samples of product from the trailer bins for QA
- You may perform specific QA testing of product and log
- You communicate with the plant to coordinate loading of product
on the trailer.
- You open and close bin lids on the trailer. Who you are:
- Able to drive a manual transmission.
- Comfortable backing trailers.
- Possess DOT knowledge of trucks and trailers.
- Available to work nights, week-ends and overtime.
- Able to meet tight schedules and handle multiple
- Knowledgeable with disconnecting lines, general fifth wheel
operation, and trailer landing gear.
- Able to lift 50 lbs. on a consistent basis.
- Have a high school diploma/GED. About the Team: At Kalmbach
Feeds, our IT department goes above and beyond to provide
professional, knowledgeable, efficient, and honest service all
while being respectful and building internal customer
relationships. We understand the importance of keeping technology
running efficiently at all times. Our team believes in the value of
the Golden Rule and ensures each interaction with a team member
leaves them feeling appreciated. We strive to carry out our core
values in every area of our business. We treat people the way we
wanted to be treated, we own quality every time, we work hard to
WIN as a team and we go the extra mile to delight our customers!
About the Company: The company was founded in 1963 by Milton and
Ruth Kalmbach with a vision to develop the finest nutritional
products and service, providing customers with the best possible
value. The Kalmbach family's traditional core values have served as
the compass for consistent success realized over the past five plus
decades, resulting in the company becoming a leader within the
animal nutrition industry. Kalmbach enjoys an excellent reputation
for quality and integrity within the animal nutrition industry.
What you will enjoy:
- Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance plans
- Competitive compensation
- 401K with company match
- 3 weeks paid time off in first year
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Medical Reimbursement Plan
- Access to company condo in Fort Myers, FL Kalmbach Feeds is an
Equal Opportunity Employer. Each applicant for employment is
considered solely on the basis of job qualifications, without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national
origin, veteran status, or any other classification protected by
law. The information in your resume and application, including
employment history, educational history and references, are subject
to verification. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Pre-employment drug screen (hair and urine), physical, and criminal
background check required.
Keywords: Kalmbach Feeds Inc, Ellicott City , Yard Jockey, Other , Shippensburg, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!