Carlisle PT Feeder Dispatch Supervisor
Company: United Parcel Service
Location: East Berlin
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job SummaryThe Feeder Dispatch Supervisor is responsible for
reviewing UPS Dispatch activity to ensure timely and proficient
service.He/She oversees Dispatch planning and is responsible for
ensuring service, safety, and cost goals are met. This position
supervises others within the department.The Feeder Dispatch
Supervisor collaborates with others (e.g., Yard Control
Supervisors, Drivers, Region Schedulers, etc.) to ensure Dispatch
plans are executed efficiently. He/She supervises Dispatch planning
to ensure loads and tractors are assigned to drivers to meet
service goals. This position reviews and analyzes data (e.g.,
volume, missed packages, delivery failures, etc.) to create plans
maximizing Dispatch results. The Feeder Dispatch Supervisor reviews
drivers' hours of service daily to ensure compliance with
regulations (e.g. Department of Transportation, etc.). He/She plans
yard operations staffing to ensure adequate shifters and drivers
are available for load volume. -Other Duties
- Ensure adequate staffing levels to reduce overtime costs.
- Advise Automotive of equipment repair needs to ensure equipment
is in good condition.
- Monitor -load movement to identify opportunities to reduce
- Reviews daily service reports with Hub Supervisors to address
- Reviews daily service reports to verify service levels are
- Conduct hazardous material audits to ensure safe handling
information is posted in trailers per DOT regulations.
- Reviews safety reports (e.g., Driver Vehicle Inspection Report
[DVIR] Car Condition Report [CCR], and Powered Industrial Truck
Operator Report [PITO]) to comply with regulations.
- Monitors shifter performance to ensure trailers are moved to
correct locations in the yard on time.
- Verifies trailers are loaded and empty as planned to ensure
accuracy. -Preferred Competencies
- Detail Orientation: Captures/documents specific and accurate
information; learns subjects thoroughly and in detail; completes
work with thoroughness; supplies appropriate detail -when
requested; maintains organized files.
- Hub Operations Knowledge: Demonstrates and explains proper
processes, procedures and methods for hub operations; demonstrates
a basic knowledge of common tools, equipment and technology used in
- Ground Transportation Knowledge: Demonstrates and explains
proper processes, procedures and methods within ground
transportation; demonstrates a basic knowledge of common tools,
equipment and technology used in ground transportation
- Labor Relations Knowledge: Understands basic labor principles
and practices; recognizes the importance of positive relationships
with unionized employees; identifies unionized employees' basic
- Small Package Operations Knowledge: Demonstrates and explains
proper processes, procedures and methods for small package
operations; demonstrates a basic knowledge of common tools,
equipment, and technology used within the operation.
- Legal, Regulatory, and Compliance Knowledge: Demonstrates a
basic understanding of the functions, regulations, and procedures
of compliance agencies or governing bodies; takes a leadership
position in programs that reduce risk and enhance safety. -MINIMUM
- Experience supervising others - Preferred
- Ability to work flexible shift hours and possibly on the
weekends - Preferred -
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on
the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national
origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or
any other characteristic protected by law We welcome those with
experience in jobs such as Residential Real Estate Agent, Payroll
Specialist, and Senior Accountant and others in the Accounting and
Finance to apply.
Keywords: United Parcel Service, Ellicott City , Carlisle PT Feeder Dispatch Supervisor, Other , East Berlin, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!