Packaging Material Handler B Shift (7pm-7am) - $18.60/hr plus $2/hr shift differential
Company: Campbell Soup Company
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are
the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which
achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.We cultivate and embrace a
diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse
backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and
enrich our global culture.We are looking for an individual who
enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to
be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.Job
- The Packaging Material Handler is responsible for handling
materials related to food production on the packaging floor.
- Reads production schedule to determine items to be moved,
gathered, or distributed. Weighs or counts items for distribution
within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
- Requires visual verification of items, physical movement of the
product from manufacturing into the warehouse area.
- If applicable, operates/drives material handling equipment to
transport stored items within the packaging room/facility.
- Responsible for removal and waste tracking in the packaging
- Inspects product load for accuracy, and safely move it around
the packaging floor or other parts of the facility as needed to
ensure timely and complete delivery.
- Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas
to storage or to other designated areas.
- Position lifting devices under, over, or around loaded pallets,
skids, and boxes, and secure material or products for transport to
- Opens bales, crates, and other containers.
- Moves portable equipment to packaging floor from storage
- Manually or mechanically loads and unloads materials from
pallets, skids, platforms, cars, lifting devices, or other
- Operates or tends automatic stacking, loading, packaging, or
- Maintains general housekeeping duties, sweeps floors, retrieves
pallets and distributes to proper locations; performs light
maintenance. Ensure all recyclables are place in designated
- Practices and adheres to appropriate safety procedures,
including but not limited to, wearing all needed PPE (Personal
Protective Equipment) when required.
- Other duties that may be performed by the Material Handler are,
but not limited to: safe housekeeping, keeping work areas clean;
storing supplies in designated areas; keeping aisles/exits clear
and free from obstructions; removing trash from work area floor;
following instructions for safe lifting/carrying of various sizes,
shapes, and weights. Practices and adheres to GMP (Good
Manufacturing Practices) guidelines/procedures.
- Ensures proper placement of the pallet tag on the product and
marks materials with identifying information.
- Performs other job-related projects, duties and assignments as
directed by supervision, including packing.
- Perform sanitation tasks as directed.
- Mandatory overtime may be required.
- May perform other duties as required.Education and
High School Diploma or GED and/or 1-year production experience in a
manufacturing environment required.ACR
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.In that regard, U.S. applicants and
employees are protected from discrimination based on certain
categories protected by Federal law. Click for additional
Keywords: Campbell Soup Company, Ellicott City , Packaging Material Handler B Shift (7pm-7am) - $18.60/hr plus $2/hr shift differential, Other , Hanover, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!