Company: Utz Brands, Inc.
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Utz Quality Foods is seeking a Buyer to join our Purchasing team
in Hanover, PA to oversee and monitor inventory levels of raw and
packaging materials and place orders with approved suppliers.
Additional responsibilities include providing analytical data for
our Innovation and Brand management teams for packaging changes,
additions, and run outs; maintaining proper inventory stock at
locations to meet sales demands, with a focus on packaging films,
seasonings and flavorings; and coordinating with operations and
Sales/Brand/Innovation teams on promotional items and upcoming
inventory needs for plant scheduling and production. Key
- Collaborate with department managers to clarify purchase
requirements, identify plant consumption needs and trends, and
place orders to procure those materials.
- Determine the correct method to process purchasing depending on
total cost, timeliness, competitive bidding, and existing
- Identify and select vendors and suppliers using criteria such
as quality, price and delivery date.
- Make purchase decisions in accordance with company procedures
- Process purchasing transactions according to local, state, and
federal policies and procedures.
- Input data such as purchase orders and/or receiving into Utz
- Track and report on key metrics to reduce waste and improve
- Communicate pending tasks to suppliers and internal
- Coordinate and monitor raw material inventories with Utz
manufacturing, co-packers, and suppliers.
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand.
- Assisting with Inter-Utz warehouse auditing, cycle counting,
- Ability to work in multi-functional department.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, or equivalent combination of
education, training and experience.
- Excellent math and reading skills required.
- Advanced computer skills with a focus in Excel, Word, and
- Strong time management and self-motivation required.
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written is
- Requires knowledge of the production schedule, location of
Celebrating 100 years of Utz!Here at Utz, our goal is to
manufacture and sell the best possible products with a commitment
to customer satisfaction that is second to none. Our iconic family
of brands includes Utz, Golden Flake, Zapps, Bachman, Boulder
Canyon, Good Health, TGI Friday's, and Jax. We pride ourselves on
our pleasant working environment, challenging opportunities, career
growth and competitive wages. We also offer an attractive benefit
package that includes medical, prescription, dental and vision
plans, an employer match 401k, profit sharing plan, access to the
Utz Health & Wellness Center and our own Fitness Center. Come grow
with the Utz Family of Brands! An Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and
will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Keywords: Utz Brands, Inc., Ellicott City , Buyer, Other , Hanover, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!