Certified Drug and Alcohol Counselor
Company: Management & Training Corporation
Location: Mount Airy
Posted on: June 19, 2022
$1500 sign on bonus!! Start immediately!
Needing part time work? Enjoy working with youth? Woodstock Job
Corps is seeking a licensed drug & alcohol counselor.
Schedule is flexible
- Assist in developing procedures to coordinate and integrate
drug and alcohol counseling components with other center programs,
policies and zero tolerance.
- Work with new students for testing, assessment and development
of assistance and retention plans during the 45 day probation
period; provide an assessment and assistance/intervention plan for
any student who tests positive for drugs or receives an alcohol
- Conduct drug/alcohol classes, group educational, peer support
and other prevention sessions for students.
- Assess students with identified substance use problems; develop
and implement a plan to modify or control the problems by working
with students, counselors, instructors and the mental health
- Provide input to the counseling, health and wellness and human
resources departments for necessary referral of students with
problems; utilize community resources as available.
- Work with mental health consultants, health and wellness staff
and counselors to intervene with substance users who meet the
treatment criteria to remain in Job Corps.
- Review and interpret drug test results.
- Ensure the documentation of all student assessments and that
plans are in students medical records regarding problems.
- Provide ongoing comprehensive training for all staff members
with specific goals toward staff education and awareness, staff
skills in identification and reporting substance use problems,
individual staff member counseling skills and general team building
throughout the center.
- Coordinate tobacco use prevention program.Education and
Experience Requirements:Must have active, unrestricted substance
abuse license or certification that meets the minimum state
licensing or certification requirements to practice in the state of
Acceptable Maryland licenses include:
Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LCADC)
Certified Associate Counselor Alcohol and Drug (CAC-AD)
Certified Supervised Counselor Alcohol and Drug (CSC-AD)
Experience working with youth, excellent written and verbal
communication skills and computer proficiency also required. Valid
driver's license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived
Keywords: Management & Training Corporation, Ellicott City , Certified Drug and Alcohol Counselor, Other , Mount Airy, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!