Salty Process Operator-B shift (7pm-7am)
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Imagine ...working for a company that knows that its people are
the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which
achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process. We cultivate and embrace a
diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse
backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and
enrich our global culture. We are looking for an individual who
enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to
be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Location: Hanover Department: -Fried Foods JOB TITLE: Salty
Processing Operator WORKDAY LEVEL:
BASE RATE PER HOUR:$20.90 SHIFT: -B # OF OPENINGS:1
- (Starting times and hours may vary depending on coverage due to
report-offs and the production schedule especially during
holidays.) JOB SUMMARY/ JOB DUTIES:
The Salty Processing Operator, under general supervision, is
responsible for the safe, efficient and continuous operation of
- Operates the processing/ equipment to produce product within
guidelines established by Quality Assurance and to the highest
possible standard of quality.
- Properly mixes ingredients; monitors correct
temperature/moisture and makes adjustments accordingly; monitors
product and removes any product that is improperly formed or
- Operates and shuts down equipment in the processing/ area in
accordance with established procedures to include change overs and
- Communicates and/or escalates quality issues to appropriate
- Reads and understands batch sheets including following recipes
and accurate weighing of raw materials.
- Monitors and logs current temperatures, mix times item numbers
and raw material weights (piece weights of extruded product) and
make adjustments accordingly.
- Monitors for possible foreign matter.
- Follows sanitation procedures for clean ups and change overs,
including chemical handling.
- Tracks and disposes of waste accordingly.
- Moves raw ingredients using material handling equipment
including but not limited to forklift and/or pallet jack.
- Maintains proper raw material levels at all times, unload raw
materials trailer, and keeps appropriate personnel updated in raw
- Maintains inventory usage and proper disposal of cutter blades.
Responsible for securing blades at all times and keeping Urschel
Heads running efficiently.
- Tests and receives new oil; treat, filter and test used oil.
Maintains the proper level of oil in processing equipment.
- Maintains thorough understanding of heat exchanger system.
- If applicable, monitors correct seasoning coverage amount,
makes adjustments accordingly.
- Practices and adheres to appropriate safety and hygiene
guidelines/procedures for safe housekeeping/5S and personal
protection; keeps work area clean; stores supplies in designated
areas; keeps work area aisles/exits clear and free from
obstructions; removes trash from work area floor; follows
instructions for safe lifting/carrying of various sizes, shapes,
and weights of objects; identifies/reports defective equipment;
reports all job-related injuries to supervision.
- Mandatory overtime may be required.
- May perform other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or GED and/or 1-year production experience
in a manufacturing environment required. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Sitting: Seldom
- Standing: Frequently/Continuously
- Walking: Frequently
- Driving: Seldom/Frequently
- Using hands: Continuously
- Climbing: Occasionally/Frequently
- Stooping, Kneeling: Occasionally
- Talking, Hearing: Continuously
- Tasting, Smelling: Continuously Weight:
- Up to 10 lbs.: Continuously
- Up to 25 lbs.: Continuously
- Up to 50 lbs.: Seldom/Never/Frequently
- Up to 100 lbs.: Seldom/Never/Occasionally (with
- More than 100 lbs.: Seldom/Occasionally WORK ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently
exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and extreme heat. The
employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and
toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment
is usually loud. Subject to indoor facility and outdoor weather
conditions, dust, noise, heat/cold.
- Lighting: Good
- Temperature: Fair
- Ventilation: Good
- Vibration: Fair
- Noise: Fair
- Dust: Fair
ACR The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law. In that regard, U.S. applicants
and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain
categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional
Keywords: Campbells, Ellicott City , Salty Process Operator-B shift (7pm-7am), Other , Hanover, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!