Pkg Machine Operator 2nd Shift (3:00 pm - 11:00 pm)
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Imagine ...working for a company that knows that its people are
the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which
achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process. We cultivate and embrace a
diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse
backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and
enrich our global culture. We are looking for an individual who
enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to
be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
(Starting times and hours may vary depending on coverage due to
report-offs and the production schedule especially during
holidays.) JOB SUMMARY/ JOB DUTIES:
- The Packaging Machine Operator, under the general supervision,
is responsible for the safe, efficient and continuous operation of
snack packaging machinery.
- Reads production schedule and plans accordingly.
- Efficiently maintains the operation of packaging machinery by
monitoring codes, dates and prices.
- Maintains an adequate supply of roll stock and ensures all
packaging materials available for each machine.
- Adjusts machine micro logic set-up as needed to maintain an
efficient and low waste operation.
- Understands and demonstrates the necessary skills involved to
efficiently operate packaging equipment in so far as, but not
limited to, machine setups, changeovers, proper running, procedural
adjustments, sanitation cleanup, and shutdown.
- Properly plans ahead for machine changeovers and efficiently
changing from one product item to another.
- Monitors and adjusts each machine to ensure proper cut off of
film and bags have proper end seals and back seals as
- Ensures machines are running at standard speeds.
- Monitors and checks weights and product appearance as
- Properly accounts for product run off and handles this product
accordingly; sorts through and reworks all good product.
- Keeps machines and work areas clean, wipes packaging machines
off and blows down area when required.
- Immediately reports any maintenance problems to Maintenance
Mechanic or Supervisor.
- Practices and adheres to appropriate safety and hygiene
guidelines/procedures for safe housekeeping and personal
- Stores supplies in designated areas.
- Keeps work area aisles/exits clear and free from obstruction;
removes trash from work area floor.
- Follows instructions for safe lifting/carrying of various
sizes, shapes and weights; identifies/reports issues with
equipment; reports all job-related injuries to supervision.
- May provide leadership and direction to packers.
- May be qualified to perform as Back-up Packaging Coordinator,
or other technical/skilled position.
- If applicable, may monitor and replenish seasoning on overhead
to ensure proper seasoning coverage on product.
- Mandatory overtime may be required.
- May perform other duties as required. EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED and/or 1-year production experience in a
manufacturing environment required.
Must be able to comply with the physical demands of constantly
lifting and moving stock by hand or with manual equipment
(including pallet jacks and forklifts). Ability to lift 40+ lbs. on
a regular basis, and occasionally be able to lift/move more than
50+ lbs. with mechanical or peer assistance. Sitting: Seldom
Standing: Continuously Walking: Frequently
Using hands: Continuously Climbing: Occasionally Stooping,
Talking, Hearing: Continuously Tasting, Smelling: (if applicable):
Two Handed Carry: Frequently Pushing: Frequently Pulling:
Overhead Work Standing: Frequently Ladder Climbing: Frequently
Low Work Sitting: Seldom Squat: Frequently Repetitive Twisting
Hand Dexterity: Continuously Bending: Continuously Repetitive
Twisting Standing: Continuously Weight:
Up to 10 lbs.: Continuously Up to 25 lbs.: Frequently Up to 60
Up to 100 lbs.: Occasionally More than 100 lbs.: Seldom/Never WORK
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently
exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is
occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne
particles; and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the
work environment is usually loud. ACR The Company is committed to
providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all
aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race,
color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age,
religion or any other classification protected by law. In that
regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from
discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal
law. Click here for additional information.
Keywords: Campbells, Ellicott City , Pkg Machine Operator 2nd Shift (3:00 pm - 11:00 pm), Other , Hanover, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!