Palletizing Technician D shift (7pm-7am)-$20.90/hour $1000 sign on bonus
Company: Campbell Soup
Posted on: October 10, 2021
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its
people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in
which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
Starting times and hours may vary depending on coverage due to
report-offs and the production schedule especially during
JOB SUMMARY/ JOB DUTIES:
- The Palletizing Technician, under the direction of the
department manager/supervisor, is responsible for the palletizing
of finished goods and controlling the movement of product to the
- Reads the production schedule to be able to program data
for proper palletization of the finished product.
- Uses the computer system to include both Oracle/SAP and
the RF system to correctly account for inventory
- Uses power equipment to stage and deliver materials and
finished product to appropriate locations.
- Utilizes automated and/or manual material handling
- Transports items within and through the plant and/or
- Loads and/or unloads trailers of palletized product.
- Identifies needs and inspects quality of materials used
in the palletization process; including pallets, shrink-wrap,
labels, etc. and the finished product; including proper case
labeling, proper pallet labeling, and satisfactory product
- Monitors auto-palletizing and shrink-wrap machines to
ensure safe and efficient operation of the
- Troubleshoots system problems and administers minor
maintenance repairs or notifies appropriate maintenance
- Participates in all clean-up activities, which may
include, but are not limited to: sanitation responsibilities,
mopping, sweeping, dusting, creating bales, and/or helping out
- Communicates with fellow employee's on the production
line to ensure the orders are kept in stop/batch sequence and
placed onto the conveyor by load number.
- Communicates with maintenance department on machine
conditions and status of the robotic system.
- Ensures the accurate processing of all quality holds,
transfers and damages based on company policies and
- Acts as liaison with quality department to process QA
hold product and manage in the directed manner.
- Manages Oracle/SAP ERP system transactions and required
record retention documents in accordance with published standards.
- Supports loading and unloading of inter-organizational
shipments by creating/reading shipping orders in the WMSERP system
(Direct Loading Function)
- Reads production schedule, batch orders, customer order,
work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be
moved, gathered, or distributed for shipments.
- Performs inventory counting, either assisting cycle
counters and/or performing month-end/year-end
- Keeps work area clean and removes trash from work area
floor. Stores supplies in designated areas. Maintains aisles/exits
clear and free from obstructions.
- Practices and adheres to appropriate safety and hygiene
guidelines/procedures for safe housekeeping and personal
protection. Adheres to all regulatory requirements (OSHA, FDA, DOT,
- May submit maintenance work orders.
- May mark materials or pallets with identifying
information (License Plate Numbers) using Computer or RF
- May attach bill of lading, packing Lists, and seals on
completed trailers to aid in the shipping process.
- May prepare and take a cycle count inventory of finished
product and record in the Oracle system
- May performs trailer yard checks as a part of the manual
yard management system
- May perform other duties as required.
High School Diploma or GED and/or 1-year production experience in a
manufacturing environment required.
- Sitting: Frequently
- Standing: Continuously
- Walking: Frequently
- Driving: Seldomly
- Using hands: Continuously
- Climbing: Occasionally
- Stooping, Kneeling: Frequently
- Talking, Hearing: Continuously
- Tasting, Smelling: Seldom
- Two-Handed Carry: Frequently
- Pushing: Frequently
- Pulling Frequently
- Overhead Work Standing: Frequently
- Ladder Climbing: Frequently
- Repetitive Twisting Stand: Continuously
- Hand Dexterity: Continuously
- Bending: Continuously
- Up to 10 lbs.: Continuously
- Up to 25 lbs.: Continuously
- Up to 50 lbs.: Occasionally
- Up to 100 lbs.: Seldom/Never
- More than 100 lbs. with Pallet Jack: Frequently
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid
- The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious
places; fumes or airborne particles; and caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected
from discrimination based on certain categories protected by
Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Keywords: Campbell Soup, Ellicott City , Palletizing Technician D shift (7pm-7am)-$20.90/hour $1000 sign on bonus, Other , Hanover, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!