Packaging Material Handler - A Shift (7 am-7 pm)
Company: Campbell Soup
Posted on: October 10, 2021
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its
people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in
which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
(Starting times and hours may vary depending on coverage due to
report-offs and the production schedule especially during
JOB SUMMARY/ JOB DUTIES
The Packaging Material Handler is responsible for handling
materials related to food production on the packaging floor.
- Reads production schedule to determine items
to be moved, gathered, or distributed. Weighs or counts items
for distribution within the plant to ensure conformance to company
- Requires visual verification of items,
physical movement of the product from manufacturing into the
- If applicable, operates/drives material
handling equipment to transport stored items within the packaging
- Responsible for removal and waste tracking
in the packaging department.
- Inspects product load for accuracy, and
safely moves it around the packaging floor or other parts of the
facility as needed to ensure timely and complete
- Conveys materials and items from receiving
or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Position lifting devices under, over, or
around loaded pallets, skids, and boxes, and secure material or
products for transport to designated areas.
- Opens bales, crates, and other
- Moves portable equipment to packaging floor
from storage area.
- Manually or mechanically loads and unloads
materials from pallets, skids, platforms, cars, lifting devices, or
other transport vehicles.
- Operates or tends automatic stacking,
loading, packaging, or cutting machines.
- Maintains general housekeeping duties,
sweeps floors, retrieves pallets and distributes to proper
locations; performs light maintenance. Ensure all recyclables
are placed in designated bins.
- Practices and adheres to appropriate safety
procedures, including but not limited to, wearing all needed PPE
(Personal Protective Equipment) when required.
- Other duties that may be performed by the
Material Handler are, but not limited to: safe housekeeping,
keeping work areas clean; storing supplies in designated areas;
keeping aisles/exits clear and free from obstructions; removing
trash from work area floor; following instructions for safe
lifting/carrying of various sizes, shapes, and weights.
Practices and adheres to GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Ensures proper placement of the pallet tag
on the product and marks materials with identifying
- Performs other job-related projects, duties,
and assignments as directed by supervision, including packing.
- Perform sanitation tasks as directed.
- Mandatory overtime may be required.
- May perform other duties as required.
High School Diploma or GED and/or 1-year production experience in a
manufacturing environment required.
- Sitting: Seldom
- Standing: Continuously
- Walking: Frequently
- Driving: Occasionally
- Using hands: Continuously
- Climbing: Occasionally
- Stooping, Kneeling: Frequently
- Talking, Hearing: Continuously
- Tasting, Smelling: Seldom
- Floor to Waist Lift: Frequently
- Waist to Eye Lift: Occasionally
- Two-Handed Carry: Frequently
- Pushing: Continuously
- Pulling: Continuously
- Overhead Work Standing: Frequently
- Ladder Climbing: Occasionally
- Repetitive Twisting Standing: Frequently
- Repetitive Twisting Sitting: Frequently
- Hand Dexterity: Continuously
- Bending: Continuously
- Up to 10 lbs.: Continuously
- Up to 25 lbs.: Frequently
- Up to 50 lbs.: Occasionally
- Up to 100 lbs.: Frequently
- More than 100 lbs.: Frequently
The noise level in the work environment is quiet in the office
areas but moderate on the warehouse floor. Temperature is ambient
and impacted by seasonal changes
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected
from discrimination based on certain categories protected by
Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Keywords: Campbell Soup, Ellicott City , Packaging Material Handler - A Shift (7 am-7 pm), Other , Hanover, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!