Pkg Machine Operator- 2nd Shift (3:00 pm - 11:00 pm)
Company: Campbell Soup
Posted on: September 15, 2021
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its
people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in
which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
(Starting times and hours may vary depending on coverage due
to report-offs and the production schedule especially during
JOB SUMMARY/ JOB DUTIES:
The Packaging Machine Operator, under general supervision, is
responsible for the safe, efficient, and continuous operation of
snack packaging machinery.
- Reads production schedule and plans
- Efficiently maintains the operation of
packaging machinery by monitoring codes, dates, and prices.
- Maintains an adequate supply of roll stock
and ensures all packaging materials available for each
- Adjusts machine micrologic set-up as needed
to maintain an efficient and low waste operation.
- Understands and demonstrates the necessary
skills involved to efficiently operate packaging equipment in so
far as, but not limited to, machine setups, changeovers, proper
running, procedural adjustments, sanitation cleanup, and
- Properly plans ahead for machine changeovers
and efficiently change from one product item to another.
- Monitors and adjusts each machine to ensure
proper cut-off of film and bags have proper end seals and back
seals as required.
- Ensures machines are running at standard
- Monitors and checks weights and product
appearance as required.
- Properly accounts for product run-off and
handles this product accordingly; sorts through and reworks all
- Keeps machines and work areas clean wipes
packaging machines off and blows down the area when required.
- Immediately reports any maintenance problems
to Maintenance Mechanic or Supervisor.
- Practices and adheres to appropriate safety
and hygiene guidelines/procedures for safe housekeeping and
- Stores supplies in designated
- Keeps work area aisles/exits clear and free
from obstruction; removes trash from work area floor.
- Follows instructions for safe
lifting/carrying of various sizes, shapes, and weights;
identifies/reports issues with equipment; reports all job-related
injuries to supervision.
- May provide leadership and direction to
- May be qualified to perform as Back-up
Packaging Coordinator or other technical/skilled position.
- If applicable, may monitor and replenish
seasoning on overhead to ensure proper seasoning coverage on
- Mandatory overtime may be required.
- May perform other duties as required.
High School Diploma or GED and/or 1-year production experience in a
manufacturing environment required.
- Must be able to comply with the physical demands of constantly
lifting and moving stock by hand or with manual equipment
(including pallet jacks and forklifts). Ability to lift 40+
lbs. on a regular basis, and occasionally be able to lift/move more
than 50+ lbs. with mechanical or peer assistance.
- Sitting: Seldom
- Standing: Continuously
- Walking: Frequently
- Using hands: Continuously
- Climbing: Occasionally
- Stooping, Kneeling: Frequently
- Talking, Hearing: Continuously
- Tasting, Smelling: (if applicable): Occasionally
- Two-Handed Carry: Frequently
- Pushing: Frequently
- Pulling: Frequently
- Overhead Work Standing: Frequently
- Ladder Climbing: Frequently
- Kneeling: Seldom
- Low Work Sitting: Seldom
- Squat: Frequently
- Repetitive Twisting Sitting: Seldom
- Hand Dexterity: Continuously
- Bending: Continuously
- Repetitive Twisting Standing: Continuously
- Up to 10 lbs.: Continuously
- Up to 25 lbs.: Frequently
- Up to 60 lbs.: Continuously
- Up to 100 lbs.: Occasionally
- More than 100 lbs.: Seldom/Never
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is
frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The
employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes
or airborne particles; and toxic or caustic chemicals. The
noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected
from discrimination based on certain categories protected by
Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Keywords: Campbell Soup, Ellicott City , Pkg Machine Operator- 2nd Shift (3:00 pm - 11:00 pm), Other , Hanover, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!