Plant Project Engineer
Company: Campbell Soup
Posted on: September 14, 2021
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its
people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in
which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Campbells Engineering Team is a high-performance engineering
organization and business partner in delivering strategic
value-based solutions and innovative technologies. Our mission is
to provide engineering leadership and expertise in support of
Campbell's growth, innovation and Supply Chain strategies.
As a member of the Engineering Team, you will be accountable for
leading project teams and provide project engineering leadership in
the delivery of capital projects from conceptual design to project
- 20% of time – Develop Scope, cost, schedule, and other detailed
information in the development of capital project execution.
- 60% of time – Lead and manage the execution of capital projects
including completion and/or oversight of detailed design,
coordination and oversight of construction activities, and managing
action items and associated follow-ups.
- 10% of time – Managing and communicating capital project
budgets, schedule status, and managing POs, invoices, accruals, and
- 10% of time – Supporting plant programs, troubleshooting, and
other plant support functions.
Job Complexity / Scope:
- Manage all aspects of capital projects including the
establishment of the project charter through successful project
execution and project acceptance.
- Understands and analyzes manufacturing systems, both new and
existing, to improve performance.
- Develops conceptual and preliminary engineering documentation
such as rough order of magnitude project estimates, estimates for
preliminary engineering costs, layouts, and block flow
- Creates specifications as well as engineering services
"Requests for Proposals" for the execution of capital
- Utilizes Campbell's Engineering equipment design standards and
- Develops schedules, project authorization documents, cost
controls, functional testing descriptions, necessary inspections,
startup training requirements for new installations including
supporting the development of operating instructions and
- Coordinate, manage, and review contractor and vendor activity
and interface with plant personnel ensuring compliance with plant
and corporate standards
- Effectively track project scope schedule, cost, and convey
information in a timely and effective manner to the project
- Support new product initiatives and work as part of a
cross-functional team to define capability, scope, and capital
investment required to implement.
- Work closely with plant teams to define justification needs for
- Project Authorization.
- Identify innovative technical solutions for both existing and
future manufacturing systems and develops strategies that deliver
automated, repeatable, and standardized processes
- Effectively manage and implement multiple small to medium level
complexity projects that could range from $300,000 to $3,000,000 in
- Engineering degree or minimum of 5 years of relevant industry
experience supporting and leading capital project development and
- Experience with MS Office Suite and MS Project.
- Possess analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making
skills. Understand and analyze process systems and equipment, while
using data to drive decisions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to
communicate at plant level.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
- Plant, office, and construction site conditions.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected
from discrimination based on certain categories protected by
Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Keywords: Campbell Soup, Ellicott City , Plant Project Engineer, Other , Hanover, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!