Packer 3rd Shift (11:00 pm - 7:00 am)
Company: Campbell Soup
Posted on: July 21, 2021
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its
people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in
which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
(Starting times and hours may vary depending on coverage due to
report-offs and the production schedule especially during
JOB SUMMARY/ JOB DUTIES
The Packer is responsible for working in an area producing a
product that is packed into trays/cartons for shipping. Prepares
cartons/carton displays, manually pack/palletizes product, and
completes final quality inspection of finished goods.
- Prepares cardboard cartons/trays for product
packing by folding, taping, sorting, and labeling cartons, securing
carton ends together and, placing cartons/trays on the work area.
Checks to ensure tape guns/taper have a sufficient amount of
- Visual Inspections of final product
packaging for product integrity including, but not limited to bag
registration, code dates, prices, bag, and cases for proper seals.
Removes out of specifications products and communicates packaging
- Fills cartons/displays based on packaging
specs. Ensures that products are packaged in cases with
appropriate corresponding labels; if applicable tapes and seals
- Stacks the correct number of cartons/trays
on pallets/skids using the correct stacking pattern. If applicable,
utilizes pallet jack to move finished goods weighing up to
- Clears loose product from turntable/area;
discards defective bags, boxes, trays; sweeps loose product off the
- Assists with product rework according to
- Practices and adheres to appropriate safety
and hygiene guidelines/procedures for safe housekeeping and
- Keeps work area clean/adheres to 5S
- Stores packaging room supplies in designated
- Keeps work area aisles/exits clear and free
- Removes trash from work area floor; keeps
turntables/area clean; follows instructions for safe
lifting/carrying of various sizes, shapes, and weights.
- Performs sanitation tasks as directed
(including, but not limited to equipment washes, seasoner
cleanings, and wipeouts).
- Prepares line for startup and assist with
any equipment changeovers, when applicable.
- May operate tray making and/or stapling
- Reports any issues to Machine Operators,
Group Leader, or Supervisor as appropriate.
- May perform other duties as required.
- Mandatory overtime may be required.
High School Diploma or GED and/or 1-year production experience in a
manufacturing environment required.
- Sitting: Seldom
- Standing: Continuously
- Walking: Frequently
- Driving: Occasionally
- Using hands: Continuously
- Climbing: Occasionally
- Stooping, Kneeling: Frequently
- Talking, Hearing: Continuously
- Tasting, Smelling: Frequently
- Two-Handed Carry: Frequently
- Pushing: Continuously
- Pulling: Continuously
- Overhead Work Standing: Frequently
- Ladder Climbing: Frequently
- Repetitive Twisting Standing: Continuously
- Repetitive Twisting Sitting: Continuously
- Hand Dexterity: Continuously
- Bending: Continuously
- Up to 10 lbs.: Continuously
- Up to 25 lbs.: Continuously
- Up to 50 lbs.: Occasionally
- Up to 100 lbs.: Seldom/Never
- More than 100 lbs.: Frequently
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is
frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The
employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes
or airborne particles; and caustic chemicals. The noise level
in the work environment is usually loud.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected
from discrimination based on certain categories protected by
Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Keywords: Campbell Soup, Ellicott City , Packer 3rd Shift (11:00 pm - 7:00 am), Other , Hanover, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!