QA Tech - Summer Temp B Shift (7:00pm-7:00am)
Company: Campbell Soup
Posted on: July 21, 2021
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its
people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in
which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
(Starting times and hours may vary depending on coverage due to
report-offs and the production schedule especially during
JOB SUMMARY/ JOB DUTIES
The Quality Assurance (QA) Technician is responsible for performing
a variety of routine laboratory operations in a quality assurance
setting. Duties usually consist of making measurements, performing
several routine quantitative and qualitative biological or chemical
analytical tests according to standard procedures.
- Monitors the production process and product by sensory, weight
control, and analytical methods to maintain product consistency and
comply with established specifications including color, moisture,
pH, weight, size, etc.
- Evaluates all finished products concerning moisture, ingredient
content, breakage, color, package fill, raw and finished weights,
seal integrity, code date legibility, and overall product
- Accurately performs and documents all testing. Testing may
include Inspection and testing of incoming raw materials,
in-process products, finished goods, and products produced by
outside suppliers. Utilizes testing equipment for validation and/
- Communicates all out-of-compliance situations and product
standards to production employees and Production/QA
- Practices and adheres to safety and hygiene guidelines for safe
housekeeping and personal protection. Keeps all work areas
clean, stores laboratory supplies in designated areas keep benches
and aisles clear. Strictly adheres to safety procedures when
handling chemicals for testing. Follows instructions for safe
- Executes the Food Safety Plan and Food Quality Plan included in
the SQF Program at the front line level.
- Monitors the Food Safety Plan and Food Quality Plan
effectiveness and conformance with SQF system requirements
- Identifies investigates and/or determines whether an
out-of-compliance finished product should be placed on hold.
- Coordinates disposition and/or rework with leadership
- Monitors raw materials storage area locations and complete
shift tailings. Notifies appropriate personnel of any abnormal
- Monitors metal detection validation & verification.
- Audits allergen maintenance repair sheets and operator
- Conducts pre-op inspections of processing, packaging, and
mixing equipment after product changeovers and/or before weekly
production start-up as a cross-functional team.
- Performs plant sanitation verifications to ensure allergen-free
and equipment is clean. If applicable may participate in
Kleanz or respective program.
- Mandatory overtime is required.
- May perform other duties as required.
High School Diploma or GED and/or 1-year production experience in a
manufacturing environment required.
- Sitting: Occasionally
- Standing: Continuously
- Walking: Continuously
- Using hands: Continuously
- Climbing: Occasionally
- Stooping, Kneeling: Occasionally
- Talking, Hearing: Continuously
- Tasting, Smelling: Frequently
- Two-Handed Carry: Frequently
- Stooping/Kneeling: Occasionally
- Climbing: Occasionally
- One-Handed Carry: Frequently
- Where applicable, ability to climb into trailer & walk on
uneven surfaces to gather samples: Occasionally
- Up to 10 lbs.: Frequently
- Up to 25 lbs.: Frequently
- Up to 50 lbs.: Occasionally
- Up to 100 lbs.: Seldom/Never
- More than 100 lbs.: Seldom/Never
Subject to the indoor facility and outdoor weather conditions,
dust, noise, heat/cold.
- Lighting: Good
- Temperature: Good
- Ventilation: Good
- Vibration: Fair
- Noise: Fair
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected
from discrimination based on certain categories protected by
Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Keywords: Campbell Soup, Ellicott City , QA Tech - Summer Temp B Shift (7:00pm-7:00am), Other , Hanover, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!