Maintenance Mechanic I
Company: Ross Stores
Posted on: July 20, 2021
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us
stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care
about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value
their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and
an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of
backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with
us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and
**We currently have a $2,500 SIGN ON BONUS for qualified
applicants who fill Distribution Center Maintenance positions**
Seeking mechanically inclined, eager to learn, motivated
individuals to come join our maintenance team in our highly
mechanized Distribution Centers.
The Maintenance Mechanic l will perform preventative maintenance
and repairs (electrical, mechanical and fabrication).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Perform scheduled preventative
maintenance on mechanical material handling equipment, including
transportation conveyors, sortation systems, and forklifts.
- Perform maintenance projects as assigned on: conveyor systems;
to include installation, removal, and process improvement
- Perform emergency mechanical repairs to failed material
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled repairs to facility
- Identify and locate required repair parts for failed
- Maintain accurate record keeping such as: work orders, time
sheets, and parts request.
- Technical / Functional Competence
- Quality of Work
- Willing to learn
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of basic manual hand tools, powered hand tools as in
drills, grinders, and saws. Have the ability to weld and utilize a
cutting torch. Must possess knowledge of basic facility repairs as
in painting, minor plumbing, and lighting. Must also possess
knowledge of spare parts procedures and inventory control.
- Ability to utilize and be certified in the operation of
forklifts, powered pallet jacks, scissor lifts, and boom
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Requires overtime work as necessary.
- Must be flexible to work any shift and/or weekends as
- One to two years of progressive mechanical aptitude in a
distribution or manufacturing environment preferred.
- Mechanical inclination required.
- Capable of troubleshooting basic mechanical system
- Will be expected to conduct all assigned tasks scheduled by
- Must be well organized, and able to complete, and perform work
- Cognizant of the expectation to be accountable for company
assets, expenditures, and tools or equipment assigned.
- Must place the utmost importance on working safely, and
maintain a safe work environment for yourself and others at all
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and
responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be
a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and
responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider
individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills,
abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part
of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a
strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to
complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based
on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry,
physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes
pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related
to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status,
military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status,
medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics),
genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by
federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Ross Stores, Ellicott City , Maintenance Mechanic I, Other , Carlisle, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!