Maintenance Mechanic II
Company: Ross Stores
Posted on: July 20, 2021
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us
stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care
about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value
their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and
an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of
backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with
us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and
**We currently have a $2,500 SIGN ON BONUS for qualified
applicants who fill Distribution Center Maintenance positions**
To assess equipment/machinery issues in the Distribution Center,
and make necessary repairs.
• Perform scheduled preventative maintenance on mechanical material
handling equipment, including transportation conveyors, sortation
systems, and forklifts. Perform emergency mechanical repairs to
failed material handling systems
• Troubleshoot electrical control systems inclusive of motors, and
their associated controls to the PLC output. Must have the ability
to install/setup VFD's, as well as servo motor controls, and
troubleshoot peripheral control devices to the PLC input.
• Perform maintenance projects on conveyor systems to include:
installation, removal, and process improvement changes.
• Troubleshoot and repair hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
• Identify and locate required repair parts for failed systems
• Maintain accurate record keeping such as: work orders, time
sheets, and parts requests.
• Technical / Functional Competence
• Analysis and Judgment
• Planning & Organizing
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Must have the ability to read and interpret blueprints or
• Must have knowledge of electrical motor control, strong
electrical/mechanical skills; working with 30 - 480V.
• Experience must include 5 - 8 years of progressive mechanical
aptitude in a distribution or manufacturing environment.
• Expertise in welding, soldering, and cutting torch skills is
• Cognizant of the expectation to be accountable for all company
assets, to include: spare parts, supplies, materials, tools, and
general facility equipment.
• Experience utilizing machines/equipment as follows: hand tools,
drills, grinders, saws, multimeter, tachometer, welder, solderer,
cutting torch, hydraulic gear puller, electric forklifts, pallet
jacks, and platform lifts.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Requires overtime work as necessary.
• Must be flexible to work any shift and/or weekends as
• Exhibit the ability to work independently and safely, with
• Must be well organized, and able to complete, and perform work
• Will be expected to conduct all assigned tasks scheduled by
• Must place the upmost importance on working safely, and maintain
a safe work environment for yourself and others, at all times.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and
responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be
a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and
responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider
individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills,
abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part
of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a
strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to
complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based
on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry,
physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes
pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related
to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status,
military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status,
medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics),
genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by
federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Ross Stores, Ellicott City , Maintenance Mechanic II, Other , Carlisle, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!