Maintenance Supervisor DC
Company: Ross Stores
Posted on: July 20, 2021
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us
stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care
about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value
their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and
an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of
backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with
us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and
Supervise all functions pertaining to facilities maintenance, to
include, but not limited to; preventive maintenance programs,
repairs to the building, property, and all material handling
equipment. Oversee maintenance G&A expense for all budgeted
items in the Maintenance and Repair accounts. Oversee expenses
related to other services sub accounts of landscaping, mat rental,
pest control, snow removal, janitorial, waste management, fire
system maintenance, and certification. Review and recommend changes
to existing material handling equipment and all proposed
construction projects. Responsible for timeline compliance, and
quality of work for external construction projects.
- Oversee the maintenance of all operating equipment, and
facility systems. Enforce proper turn time of preventive
maintenance schedules. Ensure timely response to critical equipment
downtime issues in the distribution center.
- Train/develop maintenance personnel; authenticate that skill
sets meet minimum requirements of job function.
- Make use of the Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS),
utilizing it to its full capability.
- Interact with outside vendors relative to the coordination of
all construction projects to the facility, property and equipment.
Responsible for validation of quality work, and compliance of all
- Oversee the required back stock of maintenance spare parts and
supplies while minimizing inventory levels through strong supplier
- Ensure contractual compliance to include: landscape, mat
rental, pest control, snow removal, waste management, and fire
system maintenance accounts.
- Maintain an active partnership with the safety committee to
ensure strong alliance regarding all safety issues on the
- Analysis & Judgment
- Technical / Functional Competence
- Planning & Organizing
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 8-10 years maintenance experience in large distribution center
and/or manufacturing environment.
- 2 + years of supervisory experience in a large distribution
center and/or manufacturing environment.
- Technically proficient in mechanical and electrical
- Ability to review and critique schematic diagrams.
- Comprehensive knowledge of CMMS.
- Knowledge of 5-S practices preferred
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Extensive knowledge of OSHA standards and regulations.
- Awareness of state/local regulations, and code
- Must have outstanding interpersonal, and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficient P.C. skills, to include Microsoft Excel and
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and
responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be
a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and
responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider
individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills,
abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part
of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a
strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to
complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based
on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry,
physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes
pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related
to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status,
military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status,
medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics),
genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by
federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Ross Stores, Ellicott City , Maintenance Supervisor DC, Other , Carlisle, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!