FLEXO PRESS HELPER - 3rd shift, New Oxford, PA
Company: Packaging Corporation of America
Location: New Oxford
Posted on: July 19, 2021
As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA)
is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging
business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers - large
and small - package, transport and display products of all kinds.
Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing
the highest level of customer service and operational excellence.
We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100
locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs
of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our
customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that
exceed expectations for performance and environmental
People • Customers • Trust
We are seeking resumes for a Flexo Helper in the Flexographic
Printing Department on the 276 machine at our New Oxford, PA
facility for 3rd shift.
- Set-up print, feeder, and die cut section on Flexo accurately
and in accordance with proper setup techniques.
- Inspect all dies before and after run to ensure that any
necessary repairs are made before the next run.
- Feed corrugated into feeder section of machine.
- Ensure all bolts for cutting dies are in place and tightly
- Work with crew to maximize efficiency of machine through
monitoring and communicating communication of quality problems,
including but not limited to monitor box quality, including, but
not limited to, loose liner, warp, and correct size.
- Review factory ticket/spec. and ensures that job
responsibilities are executed according to specification.
- Coordinate activities with Assistant and Operator to maximize
quality and efficiency of machine's operation.
- Assist Operator and Assistant Operator with job duties on the
machine, including but not limited to changing/mounting plates,
maintaining inks, printing factory tickets, using computer to make
load tags, etc.
- May cross-train on other machines.
- Turn in maintenance work orders to supervision for needed
repairs. Be proactive in the maintenance of equipment.
- Switch duties with Assistant Operator, as necessary.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including
safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
- Adhere to production schedule. Make recommendations for
optimizing the schedule to meet cost, quality and service goals.
Report any unusual scheduling issues to Supervisor.
- Adhere to all safety and work rules, company policies and
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be
assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Regular attendance and timeliness are required.
- Must be able and willing to work overtime on short notice, both
during the week and weekends.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Ability to work on elevated surface, while frequently climbing
up and down stairs.
- Must frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to perform basic math functions, such as counting,
addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication.
- Ability and willing to work overtime on short notice, both
during the week and weekends.
- Ability to work in manufacturing environment, with varying
temperatures based on season, around machinery, and heavy forklift
- Prior work experience in the manufacturing/production
- Prior work experience working as a crewmember on a machine
- Demonstrated experience as a leader and/or team member.
- Prior experience working in Die Cut Department.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple
- Ability to work independently and within a team, effectively
communicating with members.
All Qualified applicants must apply at
All qualified applicants must apply at
Careers.packagingcorp.com to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other
Keywords: Packaging Corporation of America, Ellicott City , FLEXO PRESS HELPER - 3rd shift, New Oxford, PA, Other , New Oxford, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!