Company: Treehouse Foods
Posted on: July 19, 2021
Job Posting Title:
Monday through Friday: 3pm - 11pm
Perform basic quality control testing in a 24/7 manufacturing
environment. Ensures product quality by coordinating the accurate
and timely testing of products, monitoring and assisting all
product testing. Ensures Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs), Good
Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), food safety and plant safety
procedures are followed.
- Assigns daily working area to the Quality technicians I and
- Responsible to record Start -up, changeover and down times
while actively communicating with operations.
- Responsible to review the previous crew day-file to make sure
they are compliant with company requirements.
- Responsible to verify CCP paperwork.
- Responsible to perform rechecks of product on hold and tagging
- Ensure QA Technicians participation in laboratory Proficiency
- Participate in Quality Laboratory Huddles
- Participate in Operations daily meeting.
- Supports all aspects of quality, including inspection and
testing of raw materials, in-process products, finished goods and
- Works in conjunction with Sanitation to perform equipment
- Works in conjunction with Quality Lead to ensure laboratory
equipment is maintained
- Responsible for ensuring supplies are maintained
- Responsible for placing non-conforming materials on HOLD and
determining the disposition
- Creates Quality Notification for all product types and confirm
- Must complete all documents and work timely and accurately
- Responsible for ensuring employees perform verification on
- Participates in full plant clean up as required
- In conjunction with lead packer, responsible for obtaining,
approving, and documenting all requested samples.
- Responsible to rotate retained samples and maintaining as per
- Monitors Micro - sample program according to stablished
- Supports Quality Technicians to perform daily testing when
- Calculates first pass Quality number and reports it out as
stated per procedure.
- Conducts testing for designated projects as needed.
- Follows standards for food safety and food quality production
reflected in SQF.
- Engagement in plant Continuous Improvement efforts including
participation with Process Improvement Teams.
- Identify improvement opportunities and 5S initiatives.
- Contributes to team effort by performing other assigned duties
- Maintains cooperative relationship with coworkers and
management by communicating necessary information, responding to
requests, building report; and participating in problem solving
- High School, technical school education or equivalent; desire
post HS education in natural sciences.
- Associates degree preferred, but not required
- Previous supervisory experience is desired, but not
- Basic computer skills to input data.
- Ability to complete algebraic math.
- Basic telephone etiquette skills.
- Ability to perform lab tests rapidly and accurately.
- Ability to have attention to detail and documentation.
- Ability to visually inspect product for flaws.
- Ability to work individually or as a team.
- Mental alertness to identify problem areas through
- Ability to interpret, understand and follow detailed
- Ability to communicate irregularities with appropriate
- Ability to be organized, prioritize and multitask.
- Ability to make decisions quickly and accurately.
- Ability to communicate information one-on-one and in small
Physical Demands Summary:
- Ability to work required shift, meet attendance requirements,
and work overtime when required.
- Ability to stand in one area up to 45 minutes per hour. Mats
are provided for general fatigue.
- Ability to walk short distances and to stoop/climb
- Ability to hear sound alerts of testing equipment.
- Dexterity and preciseness required to operate testing
- Ability to work wearing safety equipment and work with
- Ability to lift and dump 50 lb tubs.
- Ability to distinguish colors.
- Ability to taste test product.
- Ability to pull 12-25lb.; lift 35lb. to obtain samples.
- Ability to lift 10lbs. continually.
- Considerable mental and visual effort.
Keywords: Treehouse Foods, Ellicott City , QA Technician, Other , Hanover, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!