Company: ESAB USA
Posted on: June 12, 2021
ESAB is a world leader in the production of welding consumables
and equipment. Our brand is synonymous with world-leading expertise
in the following key areas: Manual welding and cutting
equipment Welding consumables Welding automation
Cutting systems Celebrating 110 years since its founding, ESAB now
serves a global market. We are represented in almost every country
by subsidiaries or agents providing sales and support. ESAB also
has manufacturing plants across four continents. Manufacturers
everywhere are looking for ways to improve productivity and reduce
operating costs. One way to achieve this goal is to align with a
welding and cutting partner that offers a complete line of
innovative solutions that meet the current demands of industry.
ESAB has led the way in research and development of better
technologies and products for this industry since its founding.
ESAB has many great minds working on ways to make our industry
stronger and better able to meet the needs of the future. We are
constantly striving to expand our product offerings from the best
in traditional welding applications to large automated
manufacturing facilities. ESAB continues to offer world-class
technical support and educational opportunities to help our
customers work smarter and better. We are dedicated to working with
customers to help them be more productive, more profitable, and
better able to compete.
The Process Engineer plans, initiates, and performs
manufacturing activities for major projects as well as develops and
maintains manufacturing processes associated with specific product
lines and equipment. This person will direct supporting personnel
- Develops/implements new processes as well as maintains existing
processes with Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost optimization.
Prepare supporting documentation to substantiate said changes to
- Ensures EH&S considerations during design and/or making
significant changes to facility.
- Design, plan and layout plant systems, equipment, workstations,
and facilities based upon general concepts/requirements minimizing
required floor space. Work with Maintenance and/or outside
contractors on the electrical, ventilation, and compressed air
requirements for such areas.
- Update computer system (SAP/PC Based) to make changes to
processes and routings.
- Participate with multi-functional teams to solve production
- Must be a team worker, self-motivated, innovative, have
well-disciplined engineering habits and be able to communicate
clearly and concisely-both written and verbally.
- Specify OEM's equipment that would improve processes,
productivity, and quality. Prepare substantiating documentation to
support installation of said equipment.
- Coordinate installation of equipment with participating
departments, outside vendors and contractors.
- Start-up and trouble-shoot new or redesigned equipment. Provide
training to operators and maintenance personnel.
- Oversee the functionality of systems including, but not limited
to, compressed air, dust collection, HVAC, waste water and the
- Work with Quality, R&D and Manufacturing to resolve/improve
quality issues with products.
- Bachelor's Degree in an engineering discipline.
- Zero to five years of experience as an Engineer in
Manufacturing in related industry preferred or equivalent.
- Proficiency in working with PC's to include
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels in the
organization and able to lead teams.
The ESAB Group Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on
race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable
characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: ESAB USA, Ellicott City , Process Engineer, Other , Hanover, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!