Company: Homewood Retirement Centers
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Homewood, a leader since 1932 in providing care and services
within a continuing care retirement community, is looking for
individuals who wish to exhibit compassion and kindness in their
daily work, and are ready to serve. We embrace a fun, team-oriented
atmosphere. Through teamwork, we become more creative, find
solutions, enjoy our work and build relationships. It all adds up
to exceptional job satisfaction and stability. You too can discover
the satisfaction of knowing that your work can make a difference in
your life and in the lives of people around you.
Performs groundskeeping functions in maintaining the grounds for
- Treats all information about residents, their condition, and
family as confidential information.
- Complies with established Corporate and Departmental policies
and procedures, and maintains established standards and
- Mows all turf areas.
- Trims walkways and mulch beds as directed.
- Equipment maintenance, adjustment, and repair to include:
sharpening mower blades, oil change, cleaning, changing belts and
- Spray herbicides and pesticides on turf and bed areas under the
direct supervision of the Grounds Manager and according to
- Pruning, trimming and planting of trees, shrubs, bulbs and
seeding of turf.
- Snow removal in accordance with the priorities established in
the snow removal plan.
- Cottage trash pickup.
- Performs other functions as directed by the supervisor.
- Familiarity and ability to operate all grounds equipment.
- Basic mechanical ability to perform routine maintenance on
- Ability to do repetitive bending, stooping and lifting of at
least 70 pounds.
- Must have organizational skills and be able to do sequential
- Ability to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions and
temperatures normally ranging from 0 to 100 F.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, work independently and
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, twist and turn frequently
throughout the course of an eight hour shift
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written
Must be able to constantly work on their feet during an 8 hour
shift, bend, stoop, twist and turn constantly throughout the shift
in performing regular duties. Must be able to push and pull
equipment and lift or transfer items weighing 70 pounds frequently
throughout the shift. Must be able to work outdoors in adverse
weather conditions and temperatures ranging from 0 to 100 degrees
Keywords: Homewood Retirement Centers, Ellicott City , Groundskeeper, Other , Hanover, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!