Habilitation Specialist - Part Time -20- Varied shifts - Daytime and Evenings
Company: UCP Central Pa
Location: Camp Hill
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Join TEAM UCP: We empower people to
live a meaningful life through innovative support and
At UCP, we share a passion and a purpose: to empower people to live
Our commitment to the people we support equips them to realize
their full potential and live with the greatest degree of
independence. But we don’t stop at changing lives. We also work to
change public perception as we relentlessly pursue a vision of
communities that embrace the abilities of every individual.
If you would like to start an exciting career with an organization
committed to excellence and innovation, please consider joining the
new UCP of Central PA team and start a rewarding career!
What you’ll do:
- Ensure the delivery of direct habilitation and skills training
for each program participant.
- Provide training in daily living, communications, community
living, money management, household responsibilities, and other
skills training identified in the ISP.
- Provide companionship and socialization. Ensure the delivery of
personal care assistance.
- Provide support to enable full participation in school, day
training programs, and/or the local community.
- Enhance the ability of the participant to lead a
self-determining life by providing the support and information
necessary to build self-esteem, and assertiveness; and to make
- Assist and/or facilitate the development of an individualized
plan based on participant preferences, needs, and
- Assist the participant to meet physical (i.e. health, grooming,
toileting, eating) and personal management needs (i.e. human
development, human sexuality), by teaching skills, providing
supports, and building on individual strengths and
- Assist the participant with household management (i.e. meal
prep, laundry, cleaning, decorating) and with transportation needs
to maximize skills, abilities, and independence.
- Assist with identifying, securing, and using needed equipment
(i.e. adaptive equipment) and therapies (i.e. physical,
occupational, and communication).
- Explore with the participant his/her vocational interests and
aptitudes, assist in preparing for job or school entry, and review
opportunities for continued career growth.
- Assist the individual, as needed, in planning for community
activities and events (ie. making reservations, staff needs, money,
What we’re looking for
At a minimum, you’ll need:
• High school Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
Certificate required. 6 months to 2 years of previous jobs related
• A valid driver’s license with a clean record (no DUIs within the
last five years).
• Access to regular use of a vehicle with valid insurance
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Flexible to work all assigned work schedules including holidays,
evenings, nights, and weekend hours as business needs dictate.
• Ability to read and interpret documents in English. Ability to
read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication
skills in English may also be required.
It’d be great if
you also have:
• Knowledge specific to the needs of individuals with intellectual
and developmental disabilities, autism, and/or the aging
Keywords: UCP Central Pa, Ellicott City , Habilitation Specialist - Part Time -20- Varied shifts - Daytime and Evenings, Other , Camp Hill, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!