Golf Equipment Maintenance - Year Round
Company: Vail Resorts
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers
and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime
to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the
brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and
challenge the status quo. Whether you're looking for seasonal work
or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Golf & Fleet Maintenance Technician
Year Round, Full Time Benefitted Position
Golf Maintenance Shop lead technician position, which requires
advanced shop experience on greens mowers, fairway mowers, all golf
related equipment. A variety of light, medium, and heavy-duty
vehicles, snowmobiles, heavy equipment, and Snow Groomer, both
gasoline and diesel powered preferred or willing to learn. With a
strong understanding of leading the day-to-day operation of a fleet
maintenance. The primary responsibility is to lead, schedule and
repair equipment on the shop floor to ensure safe and proper
diagnosis on all fleet assets, while providing training and
direction to less experienced staff members. This position is also
responsible for maintaining both the shop and the fleet safety
standards. The golf technician will also manage the day-to-day
workloads in the shop for their shift and help ensure that all work
is done correctly and to the highest standards for the operation.
This position will require working closely with the course
Superintendent for ensuring equipment needed for upcoming projects
are ready when needed.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude towards other
departments and maintain good relationships with co-workers.
- Professional diagnosis and repair of all fleet assets and all
asset mechanical and electrical systems; aid, guide, and direct the
shop personnel with professional and timely repairs to minimize
downtime and keep the fleet running at the highest standard.
- Provide daily communication and oversight with Fleet
Maintenance team and ongoing projects occurring within the golf
- Prioritize jobs/tasks based on workloads and stakeholder needs
to best support those stakeholder groups and maintain productivity
on the shop floor.
- Maintain and enforce safety guidelines and policies with all
shop personal set forth by department and the company.
- Effectively communicate needed information to management and
the shop personnel regarding processes and procedures to include
shop safety, prioritizing work, and assigning tasks.
- Effectively communicate the scheduling and repair status with
inter-departmental supervisors, leads, and operators.
- Participate in the development of self and co-workers by
leading hands on training, attending leadership training, and
sharing prior work experience to help improve the operations of
Fleet Maintenance and advance the skill set of other
- Demonstrate the philosophies outlined in the Vail Resorts
Employee Handbook pertaining to Employee, Customer, Guest,
Co-workers, and Management relations
- Assist in the tracking of fleet vehicles for cost analysis,
longevity and fleet rotation
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2-5 Years Golf Maintenance Experience
- 5-8 Years of Advanced Shop Experience
- Valid In State Driver License and possible CDL License (varies
- Advanced Vehicle Analyzers, On Board Computer Systems, Basic
Desktop/MS Office skills
- Oral and Written English Proficiency
- Provide own tool box with extensive set of hand tools and
electrical testing equipment
- Advanced Golf Job Skills and Experience, Working Knowledge of a
Fleet Maintenance Operation
Liberty Mountain is known for providing fun experiences to both
guests and staff alike. Help our skiers unlock the ultimate
adventure and start making your own epic memories when you join our
team today. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other
status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 306207
Keywords: Vail Resorts, Ellicott City , Golf Equipment Maintenance - Year Round, Other , Fairfield, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!