Position Description Summary: Plans, implements, and coordinates
all Safety and Workers Compensation Programs to reduce or eliminate
job injuries, illnesses, deaths, and financial losses.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It
is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
- Develops accident-prevention and loss-control systems and
programs for incorporation into operational policies of the
- Monitors workers' compensation program to ensure cost
containment, compliance with existing law and to provide adequate
service to employees. Maintains liaison with legal counsel,
physicians, hospitals and clinics and effects contracts for
- Establishes and maintains a modified work program for employees
- Schedule and oversee the company's safety committee.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA's 29 CFR 1910 regulations as well
as local and state regulatory compliance, and will provide
interpretation and guidance of these regulations.
- Manage and be a member of the Emergency Response Team.
- Establish organization-wide standards and best practices
including developing policies, procedures, and workflows for
- Plan, organize, direct and control activities to ensure
delivery of all Health & Safety plan objectives and targets.
- Work closely with operations to identify risks and develop /
implement a control methodology for these risks.
- Ensure regulatory reports are completed accurately, and
reviewed thoroughly and submitted on time.
- Continuously identifies, assesses, and reduces/eliminates
Health & Safety risk.
- Investigates all accidents and injuries; recommends and/or
coordinates corrective actions. The individual in this position
must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with
or without a reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge and Skills (The following minimum requirements are
normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of
otherwise qualified personnel):
This is a management position.
- Exceptional interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, and
both written and oral communication skills required.
- Degree in Occupational Health & Safety or related field
- Generally prefer 2-4 years of experience leading a safety
program and/or managerial level experience within operations.
We offer a number of plans for a variety of health care services
and supplies, including preventative care, inpatient and outpatient
services and prescription drugs.
The option for separate vision coverage for eye exams, frames,
and contact lenses.
The option for separate dental coverage to cover preventative
major and basic dental services.
The company offers a pre-tax 401(k) contribution plan with a
We're strong believers in continual training and development for
our people. After all, your success is our success.
DB Schenker is the world's leading global logistics provider -
we support industry and trade in the global exchange of goods
through land transport, worldwide air and ocean freight, contract
logistics and supply chain management. Integrated logistics resides
at the world's most important intersections, where the flow of
goods creates an effective link between carriers. Our value-added
services ensure the flow of goods continues seamlessly and supply
chains stay lean and optimized for success. Our business holds top
positions in automotive, technology, consumer goods, trade fair
logistics, special transports, and special events logistics.
Equal Opportunity Employer