Senior Software Engineer (PHP)
Location: Mount Airy
Posted on: June 12, 2021
ThreatQuotient understands that the foundation of
intelligence-driven security is people. The company's open and
extensible threat intelligence platform, ThreatQ, and cybersecurity
situation room solution, ThreatQ Investigations, empower security
teams with the context, customization, and prioritization needed to
make better decisions, accelerate detection and response, and
advance team collaboration. Leading global companies use
ThreatQuotient solutions as the cornerstone of their security
operations and threat management system. ThreatQuotient is
headquartered in Northern Virginia with an Engineering office in
Mt. Airy, Maryland, and European operations based out of the UK and
France. TQ is led by experienced security professionals from
Sourcefire, iSight, and General Dynamics and has as its' principal
investor New Enterprise Associates (NEA). For more information,
As a member of our Engineering team, you'll be responsible for
working with the Product Management team to design, estimate and
build out solutions to new features and any reported bugs for our
cutting-edge security threat management application. The successful
candidate will bridge the gap across the UI, API and backend
services while working with the rest of the engineering team to
identify areas of optimization and clarity in the existing
The position would be located in our Engineering office located
in Mt. Airy, MD. We are open to remote US based workers but they
must have significant experience with the qualifications outlined
below and priority will be give to those in the Central or Eastern
- Primary contributor for feature development of API and backend
services (Laravel, MariaDB, Solr).
- Strong proficiency with SQL with ~20% of time writing optimized
SQL to address scalability requirements.
- Strong knowledge of OOP principles, data structures,
algorithms, internet security fundamentals and designing for
performance, scalability and availability.
- Create and optimize database queries with proper use of table
- Develop fault tolerant data migrations and
- Enable rapid development cycles and quality with strong unit
tests and good code.
- Be a strong team player and play your part in making it
- Create production quality code within 3 week sprints.
- Live and breathe our company values.
Qualifications and Technologies Required:
- 4+ years of development with PHP backend
- 4+ years experience with building web services and RESTful
- 4+ years experience with database technologies (MariaDB,
- 4+ years experience with Linux
Preferred Qualifications and Technologies:
- PHP Laravel
- Memcached, Redis
- MariaDB/MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Solr, Elasticsearch, Splunk, Lucene
- SDL and OWASP security principles
- Static Code Analysis tools
- Containers and orchestration
- Distributed architecture
- Cloud services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Cyber security knowledge
- Experience with Atlassian products
ThreatQuotient is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not
discriminate, nor will tolerate discrimination, on the basis of
race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, ethnic or
national origin, or handicap or disability.
Keywords: ThreatQuotient, Ellicott City , Senior Software Engineer (PHP), Other , Mount Airy, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!