Manufacturing Operator 1
Company: Merck KGaA
Posted on: June 12, 2021
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery:
our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays
through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science
and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we
have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant
ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business
of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization.
External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Your Role: At MilliporeSigma the Manufacturing Operator will be
working on written and oral instructions to prepare, pack and
process products used in assigned work area.
- Follow written instructions (MPS/SOP/Shop Packets) provided by
Production Supervisor or Planner.
- Assist in disposal of nonconforming products by following
- Testing of products in assigned work area.
- Submits sample to appropriate department for testing.
- Perform in-process inspections as required
- Package products in assigned work area
- Enter and print all labels and data sheets
- Package product according to MPS/SOP
- Refer to product specs for proper amount, labels, etc.
- Maintain inventory of raw materials and requests supplies at
- Perform necessary transactions/documentation
- Operate/Maintain necessary related lab equipment and simple
- Utilize various machines such as: balances, labelers, vacuum
pumps, ovens, evaporators, glove box.
- Wear safety glasses and lab coats
- Will be working warm conditions at times
- Operate hand tools, balances, pumps, ovens and various
- Lift materials up to 50 lbs
- Move between various workstations within the lab
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous industrial experience
- Ability to write legibly & have attention to detail
- Ability to use simple math formulas
- Ability to use simple hand tools and set up and operate a
variety of labelling and packaging equipment
- Ability to use some judgement in planning and completion of
related systems and processes
- Ability to use PC and familiarity with common software
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break
new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our
diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw
your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and
priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No
employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against
on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual
orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or
veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender
status, marital status, or any other classification protected by
applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal
Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs
relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation,
benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and
conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes
they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone
acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their
Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately.
The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they
made a good faith report of discrimination.
Keywords: Merck KGaA, Ellicott City , Manufacturing Operator 1, Other , Bellefonte, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!