Regional Compliance Manager, Mid-Atlantic
Company: Vail Resorts
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers
and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime
to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the
brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and
challenge the status quo. Whether you're looking for seasonal work
or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The Regional Compliance Manager will be responsible for leading
Environmental Compliance and Corporate Compliance efforts for the
Vail Resorts Mid-Atlantic operations. This role will work with
leadership and employees across sub-regional business units to
advance the compliance programs within the Mid-Atlantic.
Responsibilities include project management of compliance programs
including environmental compliance (air pollution control,
hazardous materials management, hazardous and universal waste
management, water quality), local corporate compliance training,
and monitoring and auditing activities. The Regional Compliance
Manager is also expected to represent Vail Resorts and our
Mid-Atlantic resorts in environmental matters with local
communities and public agencies.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Implement environmental compliance program across
- Responsible for oversight of environmental compliance program
for mountain, hospitality, and retail operations. This includes the
implementation of enterprise-wide air pollution control, hazardous
materials management, hazardous and universal waste management,
water quality drinking water, and dam safety programs, training
operations groups, performing inspections, and auditing.
- Review and analyze environmental documentation issued by
federal state and local regulatory agencies and determine impact on
- Liaise with Environmental Compliance leadership to publish
compliance strategies and requirements.
- Establish permit requirements and assists in EPA, state and
local regulatory audits.
- Support corporate compliance programs including local
implementation of culture and training initiatives, policy
management program, and monitoring and auditing projects.
- Liaise with local leadership, mountain operations and health &
safety teams to monitor compliance risks.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders including;
H&S, Compliance, Legal, Human Resources, Operations, and
government agencies as needed.
- Project manage regional environmental concerns as they
- Monitor regulatory environments within region and evaluate
potential impact/risk to regional and/or enterprise
- Communication and coordination with internal and external legal
- Conduct site visits or resorts to conduct audits and
- Act as subject matter expert for one compliance area of the
environmental compliance program
- Lead development and execution of training for users across key
- Transition management of permits and permit conditions into
Enablon software tool
- Support continued deployment of Enablon to manage inspections,
audits, recordkeeping, and reporting.
- Bachelor's degree required in Environmental Engineering;
Environmental Sciences; Environmental Management; Environmental,
Health and Safety
- Engineering degree - preferred.
- 5+ years of experience managing projects in fast-paced,
- Self-starter; demonstrated ability to work unsupervised
- Excellent learning agility and ability to adapt in a fast-paced
environment and evolving team dynamic
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage upwards
- Proficient in identifying and resolving issues independently -
solid sense of accountability and sound personal judgement
- Ability to work with Sr. Level management and executives.
- Competent ski and/or snowboard abilities - required.
- Hands-on, technical experience with environmental programs and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, specifically
- Advanced proficiency in excel or other database management
Liberty Mountain is known for providing fun experiences to both
guests and staff alike. Help our skiers unlock the ultimate
adventure and start making your own epic memories when you join our
team today. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other
status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 306672
Keywords: Vail Resorts, Ellicott City , Regional Compliance Manager, Mid-Atlantic, Other , Fairfield, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!