Forklift Operator - 2nd Shift
Company: Packaging Corporation of America
Location: New Oxford
Posted on: June 11, 2021
As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA)
is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging
business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers - large
and small - package, transport and display products of all kinds.
Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing
the highest level of customer service and operational excellence.
We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100
locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs
of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our
customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that
exceed expectations for performance and environmental
People Customers Trust
We are seeking resumes for a Fork Lift Operator in our New
Oxford, Pennsylvania facility on 2nd Shift
- Responsible for the warehouse activities ensuring the receipt,
coordination and safety of goods coming through warehouse.
- Unloading and loading trucks.
- Must safely operate forklift, clamp and reach truck.
- Pull and put away material in the warehouse.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts,
reconciling with data storage system
- Receives and verifies incoming inventory for correct count and
- Must properly use computer system and scan all units for each
movement and work closely with the New Oxford Warehouse shipping
coordinator following all procedures.
- Assist with cycle counts.
- Could work with HFC shipping/receiving departments FG, storing,
staging, tagging and shipping various projects.
- Potentially could also work with other division's warehousing
programs and outside customers as needed.
- Must assist and communicate with other drivers to maximize
efficiency of operation.
- Adheres to all safety and work rules, company policies and
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be
assigned at any time with or without notice
- High school diploma/GED.
- Must have a minimum of 6 months prior experience operating a
- Ability and willingness to work overtime on short notice, both
during the week and weekends.
- Ability to work in manufacturing environment, with varying
temperatures based on season, around machinery, and heavy forklift
- Ability to obtain and maintain PCA certified forklift
- Communicate using a 2-way radio.
- Forklift experience in warehousing work environment.
- Prior experience clamp and/or reach truck.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple
- Ability to work within a team, effectively communicating with
- Able to work independently, set priorities, and delegate tasks,
- Must be able to solve problems, independently.
- Must be able to follow and execute instructions.
- Must be focus driven, detail orientated and be able to work
All Qualified applicants must apply at https://www.packagingcorp.com/employment
All qualified applicants must apply at Careers.packagingcorp.com
to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and
other protected categories.
Keywords: Packaging Corporation of America, Ellicott City , Forklift Operator - 2nd Shift, Other , New Oxford, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!