Research & Development Manager (R0012802)
Company: ESAB USA
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Manages research and development programs designed to assure the
Company's competitive position, profitability, and safe product
designs. Directs research and development projects for new or
improved products and processes. Provides technical assistance and
correlates research activities with other functions.
- Manages the R&D Engineers and R&D technicians
responsible for developing new or improved products.
- Undertakes the development of critical products for up to 75%
of available time.
- Develops and manages project systems for short-and long-range
- Uses Stage Gate, Gantt Charts, Design of Experiments Methods,
Project Database(DFN)or similar methods to manage and assure
project completion dates are met.
- Maintains complete and exhaustive records of formulas, process
methods and product standards.
- Responsible for updating Project Databases on all R&D
projects in DFN. When required write detailed reports on results of
research projects and send to appropriate personnel.
- Recommends budget requirements and takes action to guarantee
effective research and development performance within approved
- Maintains required records to support patent actions and
assists in obtaining patents on inventions.
- Prepares and presents technical papers and reports as
- Recommends research policies, programs and procedures to
support profitable growth and the general policies and goals of the
- Works closely with Sales/Marketing, Product Management,
Manufacturing and other departments to provide advice and
engineering services to meet the Company's overall goals.
- Establishes and maintains contact with Product Management of
key accounts to keep abreast of industry trends, competitive
activity and provide technical advice and assistance as
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Metallurgical/Welding
Engineering/Chemical Engineering and at least five years of
experience in welding technology/research.
- Experience and knowledge of the welding consumable market and
metallurgy are desirable.
- Must have good communication skills, experience using project
management tools, and the ability to direct a staff of highly
trained engineers and technicians.
ESAB Welding & Cutting Products is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: ESAB USA, Ellicott City , Research & Development Manager (R0012802), Other , Hanover, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!