Company: YRC Worldwide
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Provide accurate, timely and reliable research and analysis of
operations and recommendations for productivity improvements and
cost reductions. Implement approved operation changes and conduct
periodic reviews and audits for ensuring ongoing success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate with managers on objectives and determination of
- Conduct research and analysis of operations for improved
productivity and cost reductions.
- Develop new processes and formulate recommendations to
- Implement approved operation changes and provide follow up
reviews and audits to ensure continued success.
- Coordinate with team member on group projects. Develop project
- Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing
major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g.,
people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to
change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and
collaborating with others to make the change successful.
- Building Trusting Relationships - Using appropriate
interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with
customers and internal partners; interacting with others in a way
that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's
- Collaborating - Working cooperatively with others to help a
team or work group achieve its goals.
- Communication - Conveying information and ideas clearly and
concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that help
them understand and retain the message; listening actively to
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifying new areas for
learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning
opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job
and learning through their application.
- Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish work
goals; taking action to achieve results beyond what is required;
- Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self
and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for
successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing
standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering and two (2) years industrial
engineering or operations management experience or no degree and
six (6) years industrial engineering or operations management
- Experience in project management or the transportation
- Experience with SQL.
- Demonstrated statistical and analytical problem-solving
- Ability to travel a minimum of 50%.
- Willingness to work nights and weekends, including working in
extreme cold and hot temperatures.
- Knowledge of PC and/or mainframe computer applications.
- Transportation experience.
This job operates in a professional office environment indoors.
Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones,
photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The position requires the ability to spend long hours sitting or
standing while using office equipment and computers. Ability to
perform repetitive tasks such as typing and keying. Occasional
lifting, pushing/pulling, carrying 10 lbs of supplies and materials
YRC Worldwide, along with all subsidiary companies, are an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Keywords: YRC Worldwide, Ellicott City , Engineer II, Other , Carlisle, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!