Brown Schultz Sheridan & Fritz (BSSF), a premier public
accounting and business advisory firm in Central PA and Maryland,
is seeking an experienced team member to join and lead our
Valuation services team. This position would help our clients
achieve extraordinary outcomes by providing exceptional services
with the utmost of integrity and offer exciting opportunities in
career growth for the right candidate.
BSSF has five offices located throughout PA (Camp Hill,
Lancaster, and Hanover) and MD (Frederick and Westminster). There
is flexibility regarding physical location where the candidate will
primarily work but the position will require heavy travel to the
Camp Hill and Lancaster, PA areas based on current client
In this role, you will work closely with business owners in
determining the value of their business for potential sale or
targeting acquisitions, assist owners with exit and transition
strategies, complete valuations for estate tax return preparation
or gifting purposes. Will possibly assist with forensic engagements
from time to time.
- Utilize knowledge gained during the valuation process for
potential consulting engagements.
- Educate other team members and prospective clients in business
valuations, including holding seminars and educational
- Draft and review valuation reports that are compliant with
- Pursue continuing education and keep up to date with current
developments in the business valuation area.
- Assist clients with understanding valuation reports and various
- Consult with client management to obtain a deeper understanding
of their business.
- Analyze client financial statements and tax returns to
determine appropriate adjustments and risk factors.
Required Skills & Experience
- Commitment to quality and achieving extraordinary
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- Active CPA license.
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) or Accredited in Business
Valuation (ABV) certification required.
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) or Certified in Financial
Forensics (CFF) a plus.
- Prior experience working in the valuation niche required.
- Prior experience in a public accounting firm.
- Some forensic and litigation experience is a plus.
- Computer proficiency and ability to maximize applications such
as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong analytical and comprehensive problem-solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage rapidly changing
assignments in a team environment.
- Demonstrated leadership experience with strong personal
- Ability to read and interpret financial statements.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple clients simultaneously
while meeting deadlines.
- Knowledge of relevant software or ability to quickly learn new
- Eagerness to generate new business and to maintain and expand
existing referral relationships with attorneys and other
- General working knowledge of individual and corporate
Why Join BSSF?
Our success as a firm is dependent on our mission to help people
achieve extraordinary outcomes, especially our team members. Our
focus on our team has garnered us the recognition of being
consistently named a Best Accounting Firm to Work for by Accounting
Today and a Best Places to Work in PA, including as the #1 Best
Place to Work in PA in the medium-sized company category for 2020.
Some of the benefits that have led us to winning these recognitions
- Competitive compensation
- Healthcare insurance plans and savings accounts
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer match and profit-sharing
- Life insurance, long-term and short-term disability
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick time
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional development opportunities
- Social events and activities with the BSSF Team
Since our founding in 1990, BSSF has grown to become a premier
advisory firm providing accounting, assurance, tax and consulting
services across the Mid-Atlantic region with five offices in
Pennsylvania and Maryland. To learn more about BSSF, visit bssf.com
and follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram:
Ask about our relocation expense reimbursement!
Job Location Camp Hill, Pennsylvania, United States Department
Accounting and Finance Position Type Full-Time/Regular