Engineer 2-3, Product Application (Steering) #357
Company: Knorr-Bremse North America
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Want to help shape tomorrow? At Bendix weve been doing it for 90
yearssetting the standard with advanced dynamic solutions that
drive improved commercial vehicle performance and safety. Were part
of the Knorr-Bremse Group, the global leader in braking
technologies. As part of our team, youll collaborate with a world
of talented and dedicated colleagues whose sense of purpose
complements your own. Youll find rewarding opportunities, diverse
experiences, partnerships, and an unwavering commitment to ethics
and integrity. Innovation is part of our DNA. Achievement drives
our culture. Learn more today! www.bendix.com/careers
Position Title: Engineer 2-3, Product Application (Steering)
Reports to: Manager, Engineering
Date Last Revised: May 12, 2021
The Steering Systems and Application Engineer has the
responsibility for all aspects of technical specification and
release of Sheppard steering systems for North American customers
and serves as the technical expert for steering systems in North
America. The Engineer actively engages with the global Knorr-Bremse
Steering team to support development of a global product roadmap
which meets the requirements of the North American market.
- Responsible for customer requirement capture and translation
into system design using products within the
Bendix/Sheppard/Knorr-Bremse Steering product portfolio.
- Support customer with steering systems application (including
Pitman arm, pump, hoses, etc.); provides steering system design and
component selection (including external supplier selection as
required) in cooperation with global Knorr-Bremse Steering
- Support prototype specifications and vehicle installations for
steering system prototypes in cooperation with global Knorr-Bremse
- Identify and provide remedy for system performance gaps.
- Participate in regular communication with the global
Knorr-Bremse Steering team to align global product roadmap with
needs of the North American market.
- Develop and execute technical plans (analysis, simulation,
vehicle test) to validate system release and product
- Support Program Management in the Product Development and
Commercialization (PDC) process.
- Develop technical documentation for products.
- Benchmark competitive systems.
- Interface with customers, driver assistance system engineers,
brake and chassis system engineers and management to communicate
status of projects.
- Willing to travel (test track, customer locations, winter test,
global development and manufacturing centers) as required up to
- Technical knowledge of conventional and automated steering
systems and constituent components is required.
- In-depth knowledge of air brake systems is a plus.
- Broad automotive and electronic systems knowledge, preferably
related to heavy truck.
- Knowledge of vehicle communication protocols including J1939,
UDS and CCP.
- Familiar with CANalyzer, CANape, Matlab, Simulink, dSpace,
Python and TruckSim. -
- Knowledge and experience with product quality tools such as
system FMEA, DVP&R, ISO 26262 and Functional Safety
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in steering systems or
closely related technology. must can be flexible in the years
- Hands on mechanical, electrical, automotive experience.
- Experience in the heavy-duty truck, bus and/or automotive
market is a plus.
- Strong product design experience.
- Ability to work in a global, cross-functional team in a dynamic
- Commercial Driver License (CDL) or willingness & capability to
obtain CDL within a year of employment.
- Greenbelt certified a plus.
- Ability to assimilate data quickly
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
and a positive/proactive work ethic.
- Capable of prioritizing time/resources/ goals and possess
strong interpersonal skills to ensure success in a
cross-functional, team environment.
- Formulates new processes and strategic thinking and leads the
development of new core processes to enhance business unit
- Ideal candidate is a self-starter with demonstrated project
- Supports new projects and programs in anticipation of business
needs. Supports teams in planning and decision making.
- Strong customer orientation to enhance business relationships
- Capable of performing in a highly stressful environment.
- Influences and motivates others, provides direction, removes
barriers, supports high impact teams.
- Leads with sense of urgency
- Bachelors Degree or Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering,
Mechatronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Systems
U.S. Citizenship Requirement:
- Due to government contract requirements, U.S. citizenship is
The demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
What does Bendix have to offer you?
- Work/life balance that includes Paid Vacation & Holiday Paid
- 401k Plan with Company matching
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement)
- Wellness Program and incentives
- Telework policy
- On-Site Fitness Center
- On-Site Cafeteria with Healthy menu options
- Health and Welfare Insurance Benefits that start on your 1st
day of employment:
- Company-Paid Benefits:
- Basic Life Insurance
- Basic Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Short Term Disability
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Voluntary Employee-Paid Benefits:
- Medical and Prescription insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance Plans
- Supplemental AD&D insurance for Employee and Family
- Long Term Disability
- Accident Plan
- Critical Illness Plan
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
Keywords: Knorr-Bremse North America, Ellicott City , Engineer 2-3, Product Application (Steering) #357, Other , Hanover, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!