Company: Foot Locker
Location: Camp Hill
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Our global house-of-brands inspires and empowers youth culture.
Relentlessly committed to fuel a shared passion for
self-expression, we create unrivaled experiences at the heart of
the sport and sneaker communities through the power of our people.
If you want to be a part of something bigger than you can imagine,
you've come to the right place. To learn more about the incredible
impact we're making on both our local and global communities, Click
Footlocker Inc is currently recruiting for an Architect, who is
technically-inclined, a great problem solver and possesses
excellent interpersonal relationship skills to be part of a
fast-paced, innovative, and highly visible team, building
innovative solutions catering to our global business. This position
will report to the Senior Director.
The Core Retail - Merchandising and Inventory Technical
Architect is a new role within the Foot Locker IS&T Core Retail
team and is accountable for the overall design and architecture
strategy across the Merchandising and Inventory solutions used at
Foot Locker today and in the future. This role will work with
business and IS&T peers and stakeholders in understanding the
requirements, defining solution scope, and outlining an optimized
best in class technology solution architecture to drive positive
value and business outcomes in the Core Retail Move and Buy
This role will apply deep subject matter expertise of cutting
edge merchandising and Inventory processes, technologies and data
architecture to identify, develop, and support implement solutions
that improve productivity and processes, increase efficiencies, and
optimize costs savings.
- Define & architect the design for Footlocker supply chain and
merchandising solutions globally. This includes inventory
management, fulfilment, merchandising and allocation planning,
assortment planning, pricing and other solutions in this area
- Take ownership for current in-flight solutions and development
and bring the necessary expertise insight to shape their further
- Perform detailed analysis of inventory and merchandising
business processes and requirements to produce custom solution
specifications for complex and large projects.
- Provide technical guidance and expertise to developers,
business and functional analysts, testing teams, compliance and
other IS&T team members.
- Provide documented technical design proposals, estimates,
specifications and maintenance guides.
- Research leading edge technologies and processes for continuous
improvement and innovation.
- Work with internal and external development teams to track
delivery solutions to defined architectural standards.
- Create and maintain technology roadmaps in the Inventory and
- Lead, align, influence and collaborate across organizational
boundaries within IS&T and business functions (e.g. project
teams, functions, and partner organizations) without direct
- Manage the resolution of cross-functional and cross-platform
issues, tradeoffs, and risk in accordance with program
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent is
- Experience with industry leading merchandise, inventory and
assortment planning big data driven technologies.
- A minimum of 8 years architecture experience, building back-end
systems and minimum of 3 years of experience in building scalable
- Leadership experience in managing technology architecture
roadmaps and overseeing full life cycle implementations at
- Thorough knowledge and experience of service oriented
architecture, open source technologies and APIs.
- Strong Java foundational knowledge.
- Experience in building distributed systems.
- Strong understanding of Microservices architectures.
- Experience with distributed caching frameworks such as Redis,
Hazelcast etc. and experience with containerization/orchestration
technologies tools like Docker, Mesos, Kubernetes and Swarm.
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery
using modern DevOps tools.
- Expert in using cloud platforms like AWS or Azure.
- Experience in collaborating with off-shore and on-shore
development teams and across time-zone and regions.
- Experience with Scrum and an Agile Development
- Partnering and effective interpersonal skills to work
collaboratively across IS&T, business and with external
- Excellent communication skills, including written and oral;
with the ability to present to large groups with confidence.
Keywords: Foot Locker, Ellicott City , Architect, Other , Camp Hill, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!