Claims Resolution Specialist
Company: Select Medical Corporation
Location: Camp Hill
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Select Medical has been recognized as a Forbes "Best-In-State"
Do you enjoy puzzles and research? Are you results-oriented? If
so, our Claims Resolution Specialist position may be a phenomenal
career for you within Select Medical! Our dynamic team has the
responsibility of resolving outstanding insurance claims so that
our patients are not impacted.
We offer an exceptional employee experience, full-time hours,
full benefits, paid training, and advancement opportunities. Our
team offers flexible, first shift, Monday through Friday schedules.
This would include two fifteen minute breaks and one half-hour
lunch. We allow for casual work attire, jeans are our norm!
- Investigate and follow-up on all open balances for accounts
that have received a payment or denial, or that are greater than 30
days from billing. Contact responsible party to establish reason
for non-payment document in system all verbal and written
communication relative to open account balance, and institute
timely follow-up with responsible party as a result of last contact
to assure progress in resolving account with payment.
- Maintain consistent, productive, and timely follow-up, as often
as is needed to collect on the account. Time between account follow
up is not to exceed 30 days.
- Maintain a productivity of 20 to 25 accounts per day. This is
subject to change based on volume changes and operational
- Make outgoing calls to patients, insurance companies and
attorneys regarding claim status in order to reduce both
- Regularly communicate with hospital staff and department
management on any accounts receivable issues/problematic payor
- Identify and resolve issues impacting the timely collection of
- As necessary, request account adjustments as identified via
write off requests and refund requests.
- Notify database operations of changes or additions to specific
payor, plan, contract, address, or other pertinent information as
- Meet the expectations and goals for productivity and
collections targets as set forth by management.
- Performs other duties or special projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- One year of experience within a medical billing, medical
collecting or claims processing role.
- Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office:
- Ability to work with multiple programs simultaneously.
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Previous experience in metrics based role, where
production/quality standards are upheld.
- Time management and organizational skills
- Proven experience with investigative research.
- Ability to work independently and as part of team to reach
mutually established goals.
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility and being open to change
- This job requires access to confidential and sensitive
information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information
Your benefits as a Claims Resolution Specialist:
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid
work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both
fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough paid orientation program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Life insurance;
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- No Required Weekends
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Office Environment
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift weight up to 35 lbs.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects
diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees
are treated during employment without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or
mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected under applicable law.
Select Medical is an EOE
Keywords: Select Medical Corporation, Ellicott City , Claims Resolution Specialist, Other , Camp Hill, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!