Patient Service Representative
Posted on: June 9, 2021
The Patient Services Representative is responsible for greeting
in a courteous and professional manner all incoming patients,
visitors, physicians, vendors or other individuals. The person in
this position is responsible for registering patients and
coordinating with back-office personnel for timely turnaround. This
individual responds to patient questions and concerns, both on the
telephone and in person and is responsible for all paperwork
associated with patient registration.
Monday through Friday with variable hours.
Work today, get paid today! We've partnered with
DailyPay, a voluntary benefit to offer employees
access to their pay on their own schedule.
Benefits of DailyPay include:
The ability to track your daily income
Automatically save a portion of your paycheck
Transfer your earnings instantly or next-day
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greets and registers patients in a friendly and service
- Notifies appropriate team member on patient arrival.
- Obtains proper insurance and patient information, collects
signatures and ensures accuracy and completion of necessary
- Verifies/ updates changes in patient/physician/insurance to
ensure proper billing.
- Collects and logs all co-pays and fees.
- Answers/ transfers incoming phone calls.
- Schedules, reschedules or cancels new or current patients,
confirms appointments and notifies staff of changes when
- Enters accurate information in the system.
- Pre-registers, submits reports and documents, inputs clinical
data as needed for appointment, and requests films as needed.
- Gives patients appropriate orientation for preparatory and
safety protocols, and provides directions to facilities if
- Responds to patient's minor questions and concerns, and refer
to supervisor when necessary, in an expedient manner.
- Maintains awareness of temperament/mood of patients in lobby in
order to ensure optimal service experience and curtail any
frustrations or communication that could affect the experience of
- Communicates delays in appointments in a timely fashion and
offers rescheduling in circumstances where delays could be
- Coordinates with the back office staff for timely and effective
care of patients.
- Obtains proper authorization and identification prior to
release of confidential medical records.
- Uses clerical skills (e.g. filing, organizing, process incoming
- Provides management with reports and logs when required.
PLEASE NOTE: This is not an exhaustive list of all duties,
responsibilities and requirements of the position described above.
Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to
add or change duties at any time.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have one of the following: a high school diploma or
general education degree (GED), one to three months of related
experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Possesses and utilizes excellent customer service skills,
strong public relations skills, and exceptional written and verbal
- Must be detail-oriented and organized, possess clerical skills,
and have the ability to interact effectively with doctors,
referring doctors and staff, patients, vendors, peers, and
- Communicates, cooperates, and consistently functions
professionally and harmoniously with all levels of supervision,
co-workers, patients, visitors, and vendors.
- Demonstrates initiative, personal awareness, professionalism
and integrity, and exercises confidentiality in all areas of
- Attends regular corporate meetings as requested.
- Follows OSHA regulations, RadNet and site protocols, policies
- Follows HIPAA, compliance, privacy, safety and confidentiality
standards at all times.
- Practices universal safety precautions.
- Promotes good public relations on the phone and in person.
- Adapts and is willing to learn new tasks, methods, and
- Reports to work regularly as scheduled; consistently punctual
with respect to working hours and lunch schedules, and maintains
satisfactory personal attendance in accordance with RadNet
- Completes job responsibilities in a quality and timely
This position often requires sitting, standing, walking,
bending, twisting reaching with hands and arms, using hands and
fingers, handling, constant talking, and hearing. Also, must be
able to lift over 50 pounds, occasionally. All employees are to
assist and participate as members of a lift assistance team (for
special accommodation patients or any patient requiring assistance
onto a table or equipment placement) to initiate or complete an
exam or procedure.
Representatives work in a medical office setting with low to
moderate noise level.
RadNet is an equal employment opportunity employer and treats
all applicants and employees in a fair and non-discriminatory
manner without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), gender, gender-identity, national origin, ancestry,
genetic information, citizenship, age, mental or physical
disability, veteran/military status, qualified disabled veteran,
marital/ domestic partnership status, religious creed, medical
condition, sexual orientation, political activity, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. RadNet
does participate in E-I9 verify.
Keywords: RadNet, Ellicott City , Patient Service Representative, Other , Westminster, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!