Warehouse Supervisor III Apple ROR
Company: DB Schenker USA
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It
is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
- Ensure a safe working environment through consistent practice
of safety programs and procedures. Conduct regular 5s audits to
ensure high standards are maintained and improvement areas are
proactively addressed. Monitor and correct at-risk behaviors.
Recognize and reward positive behaviors.
- Responsible for supervising of ROR Screen and Repair
- Comply with SLI safety standards and PIT equipment safe
- Submit complete and accurate incident reports identifying root
cause and corrective actions needed in a timely fashion for all
safety and quality/service related incidents.
- Select, place, and train staff and define specific job
assignments. Manage performance to ensure required levels of
productivity and organizational objectives are met.
- Maintain and implement plans to maintain productivity, safety
standards, quality, cost control, and employee morale. Recognize
and reward employee efforts that support plan.
- Develop improvement plans during the focal review process.
Review each individual's performance at least twice yearly for
progress against focal plan. Initiate needed disciplinary action in
a timely fashion.
- Plan, manage and control day to day operations for assigned
groups or functional areas.
- Implement and evaluate policies, procedures, and practices
relating to the operation.
- Verify process compliance through work audits.
- Trend and report on volumetric data for assigned area(s) to
assist in labor planning decisions.
- Must be able to pass any federal/state/local government,
airport, or company-required background checks, clearances, and/or
drug and alcohol tests.
Knowledge and Skills (The following minimum requirements are
normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of
otherwise qualified personnel):
- This is a supervisory position.
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred.
- Generally prefer 3-5 years of related supervisory
DB Schenker is the world's leading global logistics provider -
we support industry and trade in the global exchange of goods
through land transport, worldwide air and ocean freight, contract
logistics and supply chain management. Integrated logistics resides
at the world's most important intersections, where the flow of
goods creates an effective link between carriers. Our value-added
services ensure the flow of goods continues seamlessly and supply
chains stay lean and optimized for success. Our business holds top
positions in automotive, technology, consumer goods, trade fair
logistics, special transports, and special events logistics.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: DB Schenker USA, Ellicott City , Warehouse Supervisor III Apple ROR, Other , Carlisle, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!