Company: Hanger, Inc.
Location: Camp Hill
Posted on: June 9, 2021
With a mantra of Empowering Human Potential, Hanger, Inc. is the
world's premier provider of orthotic and prosthetic (O&P)
services and products, offering the most advanced O&P
solutions, clinically differentiated programs and unsurpassed
customer service. Hanger's Patient Care segment is the largest
owner and operator of O&P patient care clinics nationwide.
Through its Products & Services segment, Hanger distributes branded
and private label O&P devices, products and components, and
provides rehabilitative solutions to the broader market. With
nearly 160 years of clinical excellence and innovation, Hanger's
vision is to lead the orthotic and prosthetic markets by providing
superior patient care, outcomes, services and value. Collectively,
Hanger employees touch thousands of lives each day, helping people
achieve new levels of mobility and freedom.
Could This Be For You?
Orthotic fitters make sure that medical braces, prosthetic
limbs, arch supports, and other medical devices properly fit
patients by using equipment to help mold and alter the devices to
the patients' specifications. They monitor the patients over time
and make any necessary changes to the devices to keep them in good
The Orthotic Fitter is specifically trained and qualified to
participate in the fitting and delivery of prefabricated orthotic
devices and/or soft goods related to a patient's needs, as
indicated by an orthotic practitioner or physician.
An Orthotic Fitter is competent to practice orthotics within a
scope of practice that is specific to fitting certain prefabricated
and off-the-shelf orthoses that do not require more than minor
Depending on the operational requirements, size of the Hanger
Clinic and subject to limitations imposed by state and/or local
law, your role may include some or all of the functions listed
- Collaborate with orthotic practitioners in the evaluation and
analysis of a patient's need for orthotic services
- Examine and evaluate patient's needs in relation to disease and
- Perform fitting, and execute minor modifications as
- Evaluate orthotic device on patient, adjust to assure fit,
function, medical efficacy, and quality of work.
- Instruct patient in use of orthopedic device.
- Identify and reconcile issues/problems to ensure patient
satisfaction with devices provided.
- Follow up with patients and physicians.
- Provide in-service training to physicians and allied health
- Provide detailed clinical notes to patient records.
- Assist other clinical staff.
- Provide information to administrative staff to conduct
- Adhere to all safety regulations; compliance with Medicare and
other governmental regulations; compliance with bloodborne and
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- High school diploma or GED required. Associate degree
- Current certification as a Certified Fitter of Orthotics (i.e.,
American Board Certified (ABC)) or board eligible for
- Minimum of six months experience in providing customer service
in the following settings; sports rehab, fitness, healthcare, and
medical office or retail.
- Prefer 2 years successful experience providing orthotic
services under the supervision of a certified clinician.
In an effort to maintain our highest level of customer service
to our patients, no phone calls or walk-ins from prospective
candidates, recruiters, staffing agencies or contractors will be
accepted by the hiring Hanger Clinic. All inquiries will be
directed to Human Resources.
Additional Success Factors
Demonstrated ability to effectively fit and deliver non-custom
orthotic devices such as; cervical orthoses not requiring more than
minor modification; pressure gradient host; trusses; non-complex
prefabricated spinal orthoses and prefabricated orthoses of upper
and lower extremities (excluding those used in treatment of bone
Thorough understanding of medical terminology.
Effective communication skills for accurate, concise, and
organized oral and written presentation and reports to patient and
Ability to instruct clinical and non-clinical personnel and
customers on objectives of patient care services.
Active listening, reading and comprehension skills for analyzing
reports, charts and correspondence.
Good interpersonal skills and ability to build professional
relationships with physicians, therapists and patients.
Ability to work effectively as a team member.
Effective organizational, time management and planning
- Act with integrity in all ways and at all times, remaining
honest, transparent, and respectful in all relationships.
- Keep the patient at the center of everything that you do,
building lifelong trust.
- Foster open collaboration and constructive dialogue with
everyone around you.
- Continuously innovate new solutions, influencing and responding
- Focus on superior outcomes, and calibrate work processes for
Our Investment in You
Employees working at least 20 hours per week are eligible for
the following benefits:
- Competitive Pay
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 8 Paid Holidays per Year
- Paid Vacation Time Off
- Paid Sick Time Off
- 8 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Floating Holiday
- Life Insurance
- Medical Flex Spend Account
- Dependent Care Flex Spend Account
- Free employee assistance program
- Full-time employees are also eligible for short-term and
long-term disability insurance
Keywords: Hanger, Inc., Ellicott City , Orthotic Fitter, Other , Camp Hill, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!