Manager of Inventory Control & Production Planning - Commercial Roofing
Company: Carlisle Companies Incorporated
Posted on: June 9, 2021
This position is responsible for developing and maintaining
inventory management & control processes and systems that maximize
service to the customer while optimizing and monitoring inventory
levels across the Carlisle Commercial Roofing business (Membrane,
PolyIso, etc.). The person in this position is expected to work as
a liaison between Sales, Production, and Purchasing to ensure
product stock is adequate to achieve business goals.
- Establish and maintain measurable performance metrics for
commercial roofing and inventory control activities to include but
not limited to inventory turns, backorder percentage, customer
order lead time, on time delivery percentage, and inventory
- Report to management the measurable status of progress and
corrective actions as it pertains to inventory control
- Develop annual production and inventory plans to guide
staffing, overtime, and potentially capacity expansion requirements
for commercial roofing.
- Ensure performance improvement and corrective action plans are
developed, issued, tracked, and reported on as required for
- Compile demand planning & forecasting reports and participate
in monthly Sales & Operations Planning meetings for commercial
roofing. Be able to present, discuss and align with senior
- Build strong internal and external relationships as it relates
to achieving inventory levels to meet customer demands.
- Lead and work with plant schedulers to ensure inventory levels
are adequate to meet customer demands and to determine the optimal
sequencing of production runs to improve productivity and increase
first pass yield.
- Monitor and/or have team execute production schedules.
- Plan and monitor the execution of transfer orders as needed
between plants to support critical business needs.
- Coordinate with MRP Controllers to manage material flow to
ensure raw material inventory is maintained at the optimum level to
support production schedules and on time customer deliveries.
- Develop and monitor order fulfillment reports and communicate
to sales, product management, production, and within supply
- Complete the Demand Segmentation process once or twice per year
and update price book accordingly for membrane products.
- Report out semi-annually on slow moving and obsolete inventory
at each plant. Work with a cross functional group to facilitate
- Assist with physical inventory process.
- 4 plus years of progressive experience in inventory management
or related role with extensive experience in the manufacturing
industry, preferably in a strategic setting in a mid to large size
- 2-4 years of experience related to the chemical or building
materials industry is a plus
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to manage a remote
- Strong data analysis and forecasting skills
- Strong knowledge of ERP software, SAP preferred
- Strong MS Office skills with advanced knowledge in Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative relationships and
coordinate multiple group efforts within a company to achieve
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and planning
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, with awareness of deadlines
in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to identify processes needing improvement, and to
recommend & carry out improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business
Administration, Production/Operations Management, or Engineering,
or equivalent combination of education and business
- APICS (CPIM, CIRM, CSCP or CLTD) certification preferred.
Keywords: Carlisle Companies Incorporated, Ellicott City , Manager of Inventory Control & Production Planning - Commercial Roofing, Other , Carlisle, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!