Direct Support Professional: Supports Services
Company: The Arc Carroll County
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Make a difference, one person at a time!
As a Direct Support Professional with The Arc Carroll County's
Support Services department, you will provide one-on-one support to
an individual with an intellectual and/or developmental disability.
Assist with social, recreational, and educational activities in the
Carroll County community, including transportation, or provide
in-home assistance. Assist with personal care and mobility on an
Various part-time schedules are associated with this opening,
with shifts available Monday-Friday, 3pm-8pm or 9pm, and/or
flexible shifts on the weekends.
- No experience necessary! We will train the right
- Paid training.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans available to those
- Paid Time Off plans for those who qualify.
- Employee Assistance and Wellness programs.
- 403(b) Retirement plans, with company matching program.
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid drivers license with no more than 2 current points on
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills
- Clean criminal record (The Arc provides programs, services, and
direct care to vulnerable adults.)
- The ability to successfully pass a drug screening
- The ability to complete CPR, First Aid, CMT and other trainings
mandated by the Developmental Disabilities Administration and The
Ability to lift/manipulate at least 50 pounds frequently with
ability to lift, carry and/or exert force in excess of 100 pounds
of force occasionally.
Ability to withstand prolonged periods of standing and frequent
bending, stooping, reaching, pulling, and pushing required:
Including lifting a wheelchair and repositioning an individual.
- Ability to transfer individual from a chair to vehicle, bed to
chair. Ability to position individual on a sling or Hoyer lift.
Ability to physically secure individual in a wheelchair to the van
Keywords: The Arc Carroll County, Ellicott City , Direct Support Professional: Supports Services, Other , Westminster, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!