Assistant Store Manager
Company: Rutter's Dairy Inc
Location: East Berlin
Posted on: June 9, 2021
We increased our wages AGAIN! Up to $18/Hour!
Assistant Store Manager
Who We Are
At Rutter's, we're committed to award winning customer service,
active participation in the communities we serve and innovative
products and services. We are seeking friendly, dependable, and
hardworking Team Members! Whether you are looking for a full-time
career, part-time spending money or a second income, Rutter's can
provide the opportunity that suits you.
The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for effectively
managing the operation of a convenience store. Assures that all
aspects of the business operate smoothly in the Store Manager's
- Provide assistance and support to the Store Manager with
inventory, ordering, and tracking merchandise sales.Verifies,
reports, and deposits all moneys due company for goods sold.
- Assure all company equipment and facilities are in good working
- Identify and resolve inventory control problems.
- Display and rotate merchandise as recommended by the marketing
- Train employees in food preparation, sanitation rules and
regulations. Make sure rules are followed by self and others.
- Share responsibility for shift coverage for call-offs when no
other help can be found.
- Maintain store and premises in a clean, healthful, attractive
condition, and according to all company policies and applicable
- Recommend team members for disciplinary action, job training,
or promotion in manager's absence.
- Provide job training and oversee productivity for all team
- Report and resolve all maintenance issues that occur during the
- Communicate in a timely and effective way, all problems and
issues to Store Manager.
- Ensure self and all employees provide professional, courteous,
and timely service to all customers.
- Demonstrate high standards and work ethics to others through
words and actions.
- Identify opportunities to improve service and productivity,
reduce costs, and increase sales and make recommendations to the
- Complete daily store errands including but not limited to,
banking and competitive gas pricing.
- Make gas price changes.
- Acts as Person in Charge (PIC) in Manager's absence.
The items described here are representative of those that must
be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time without a
- Talk, hear, read, write, and comprehend English.
- Frequent walking, stretching, bending, stooping, twisting,
reaching, grasping, and repetitive movements.
- Frequent lifting, pushing, and/or pulling of up to 20-30
- Work in cold refrigerator or freezer.
- Ability to use a PC and or mobile device and other
- Ability to work flexible hours / days to support business hours
- Valid driver's license, proof of insurance and reliable
transportation; must travel to store locations as well as offsite
- Obtain RAMP certification. *Beer/Wine locations only.
- Obtain occupational license or permit issued by the
Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board. *VGT locations only.
Expected Hours of Work
Will work minimum of 45 hours per week, on a rotating schedule
based on business needs.
Preferred Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Basic accounting skills and experience in leading others are
- 6 months' employment with Rutter's preferred.
- High energy, positive attitude and excellent customer service
and employee relation skills.
Eligible Assistant Store Managers receive:
- Free drinks while working
- Free uniforms
- Career advancement
- Health insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
Rutter's provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results
of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other protected
status under Local, State or Federal Regulations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Keywords: Rutter's Dairy Inc, Ellicott City , Assistant Store Manager, Other , East Berlin, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!