Knorr Brake Company is the innovative leader in the manufacture
and supply of braking systems, passenger doors and climate-control
equipment for all types of Mass Transit customers such as: METRO,
Light Rail Vehicles, High-Speed Trains, Commuter Rail and Monorail
Vehicles for the North America market. We're part of the
Knorr-Bremse Group, the global leader in braking technologies. As
part of our team, you'll collaborate with a world of talented and
dedicated colleagues whose sense of purpose complements your own.
You'll find rewarding opportunities, diverse experiences,
partnerships, and an unwavering commitment to ethics and integrity.
Innovation is part of our DNA. Achievement drives our culture.
Learn more today! KBC Careers
The HVAC System Engineer is responsible for the execution of the
design and development of Heating Ventilation and Air-Conditioning
systems and controls for passenger rail transit vehicles. The HVAC
System Engineers are assigned the title of Project Engineer for the
projects they are responsible for effecting.
The primary objectives of this position are to develop the HVAC
systems on-time for the awarded projects, within the approved
budget, and specification compliant while achieving a high level of
customer satisfaction minimizing or mitigating risks. In addition,
they are also responsible for generating the technical proposals,
which includes estimating the material and labor cost the HVAC bid
The Project Engineer is the primary technical contact with the
customer and is responsible for the overall HVAC system design,
including calculations, integration, testing, commissioning and
support to the MNA customer training department. The HVAC systems
engineer is responsible for the HVAC load calculations and
selecting the major components of the system. They develop project
design engineering schedules and ensure the progress of the detail
design development meets the project requirements, while ensuring
specification compliance, or approval of waivers.
- Review customer specifications.
- Perform system performance calculations.
- Prepare technical proposals.
- Develop system specifications and special test equipment
- Develop and update system refrigeration schematics.
- Create and update system bill of materials, and provide costing
estimates per system bill of materials.
- Development of component specifications/requirements.
- Monitor/assure specification compliance.
- Provide customer "feedback" to design engineers and
- Develop and manage project technical schedules
- Identify component level tasks and responsibilities, and
guide/direct/monitor individuals as necessary.
- Support the MNA Customer Training department
- Must be able to follow instructions, safety & environmental
rules and regulations.
- Broad experience and good theoretical knowledge of engineering
- HVAC Software Related Experience
- Good Business Sense
- Industry Experience
- Process Orientation
- Computer Literacy
- Leadership and Teamwork
- Professional Writing
- Time Management
- Communication Skills
Required Education and Experience
- Years of experience: 2
Preferred Education and Experience
- Years of experience: 5
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Previous experience in HVAC railway business.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some
out-of-the-area, including international and overnight travel may
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
What does Knorr Brake Company have to offer you?
- Competitive Health Benefits
- Company Paid Life and Disability Benefits
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401 (k) Plan
- Educational Assistance
- Free Passes to Local Attractions
- Free Gym memberships
- Additional Discount Offerings
- Volunteer Paid Time Off
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Company Paid Holidays
- Monthly Employee Welfare Events and Volunteer
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and
related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age,
disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected