Unit Manager - RN
Company: Homewood Retirement Centers
Posted on: June 8, 2021
We are currently hiring for a day shift RN Head Nurse on our
Skilled Care Unit. This is a Monday -Friday position.
Homewood, a leader since 1932 in providing care and services
within a continuing care retirement community, is looking for
individuals who wish to exhibit compassion and kindness in their
daily work, and are ready to serve. We embrace a fun, team-oriented
atmosphere. Through teamwork, we become more creative, find
solutions, enjoy our work and build relationships. It all adds up
to exceptional job satisfaction and stability. You too can discover
the satisfaction of knowing that your work can make a difference in
your life and in the lives of people around you.
Responsible for the entire atmosphere (24 hour care) and
leadership of staff in setting a positive, professional and caring
tone on a particular wing/unit in providing quality care to
- Treats all information about residents, their condition, and
family as well as personnel matters as confidential
- Complies with established Corporate and Departmental policies
and procedures, and maintains established standards and
- Reviews assignments for daily resident care tasks for Nursing
Assistants, Hospitality Aides and Team Leaders, and
monitors/evaluates the delivery of care for sound judgment, safety
and customer service.
- Monitors, observes, assesses, evaluates resident health
problems, and communicates findings to the physician coordinating
appropriate care and follow-up. May assist with physician
- Monitors/maintains current, accurate, and complete clinical
records. Accurately documents in the medical record observations,
assessments and progress notes.
- Supervises Nursing Assistants, Hospitality Aides and Team
Leaders in the total care of the resident and evaluates their
performance on a regular periodic basis.
- Responsible for the entire atmosphere (24 hour) of the nursing
unit- privacy, confidentiality, cleanliness, dealing with staff
tension, adjusting routines, etc. Professionally resolves resident
and family issues and concerns.
- Observes nursing care and visits residents daily to ensure that
nursing care is carried out as directed and treatment administered
in accordance with physicians instructions and Homewood
- Reviews incident reports on the unit with proper and complete
follow through and investigation.
- Evaluates/assesses and is alert to the physical and
psychological needs of the residents and responds in accordance
with proper nursing techniques, protocol, and sound clinical
- Participates in resident care planning. Serves as a member of
IDCT in identifying resident concerns, needs, formulation and
updating of care plans.
- Prepares daily report and communicates significant information
to the relieving supervisor.
- Provides direct care as necessary. Models work tasks in a
manner consistent with Homewood's policies and standards of nursing
- Actively participates on the Quality Improvement Committee.
Performs audits of clinical practices and monitors quarterly
measures. Serves as a champion for new clinical improvement
programs recommended by the QA Committee and/or Homewood.
- Responsible for informing administration/management of severe
issues, reportable events, resident/family concerns and alleged
abuse and neglect in a timely manner. Seeks guidance when
appropriate when reporting to outside agencies.
- Performs other functions as directed by the supervisor.
- Current and valid RN license in the state providing nursing
- Two to four years' experience in a supervisory position
preferably in a geriatric long term care facility.
- Possesses compassion, understanding and empathy for older
- Possesses management ability including skills in written and
verbal communication, good judgment and reasoning and
- Must be able to react quickly and decisively in emergencies and
in unexpected behavior of residents.
- Understands management, delegation and motivational concepts.
Demonstrates strong conflict resolutions skills in a manner that is
respectful and dignified.
- Ability to communicate to residents, family and staff at a
level they can understand.
- Standing and walking distances constantly throughout the campus
would be required during the shift in evaluating residents and
supporting line staff and (at applicable facilities) respond to
emergency needs of the Retirement Community.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds in assisting co-workers with resident
lifts, transfers, etc. several times throughout the shift.
This position would include responsibilities of leadership in
nursing. Standing and walking distances constantly throughout the
campus would be required during the shift in evaluating residents
and supporting line staff and respond to emergency needs of the
Retirement Community. Ability to lift 30 pounds in assisting
co-workers with resident lifts, transfers, etc. several times
throughout the shift. Must be able to react quickly and decisively
in emergencies and in unexpected behavior of residents.
Keywords: Homewood Retirement Centers, Ellicott City , Unit Manager - RN, Other , Hanover, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!