Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are
the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which
achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
(Starting times and hours may vary depending on coverage due to
report-offs and the production schedule especially during
JOB SUMMARY/ JOB DUTIES
The Bakery Processing Operator, under general supervision, is
responsible for the safe, efficient, and continuous operation of
- Operates the processing/baking equipment to produce product
within guidelines established by Quality Assurance and to the
highest possible standard of quality.
- Properly mixes ingredients, monitors correct
temperature/moisture and makes adjustments accordingly
- Monitors products and removes any product that is improperly
formed or overlapped.
- Operates and shuts down equipment in the processing/bakery area
in accordance with established procedures to include changeovers
and preventative maintenance.
- Communicates and/or escalates quality issues to appropriate
- Reads and understands batch sheets including following recipes
and accurate weighing of raw materials.
- Monitors and logs current temperatures, mix times item numbers
and raw material weights (piece weights of extruded product) and
make adjustments accordingly.
- Monitors for possible foreign matters.
- Follows sanitation procedures for clean-ups and changeovers,
including chemical handling.
- Tracks and disposes of waste accordingly.
- Moves raw ingredients using material handling equipment
including but not limited to a forklift and/or pallet jack.
- Maintains proper raw material levels at all times, unloads raw
materials trailer, and keeps appropriate personnel updated on raw
- If applicable, monitors correct seasoning coverage amount makes
- Practices and adheres to appropriate safety and hygiene
guidelines/procedures for safe housekeeping/5S and personal
protection; keeps work area clean; stores supplies in designated
areas; keeps work area aisles/exits clear and free from
obstructions; removes trash from work area floor; follows
instructions for safe lifting/carrying of various sizes, shapes,
and weights of objects; identifies/reports defective equipment;
reports all job-related injuries to supervision.
- Mandatory overtime may be required.
- May perform other duties as required.
High School Diploma or GED and/or 1-year production experience
in a manufacturing environment required.
CPT (Certified Production Technician) certification is a
- Sitting: Seldom/Frequently
- Standing: Frequently/Continuously
- Walking: Frequently
- Driving: Seldom/Frequently
- Using hands: Continuously
- Climbing: Occasionally/Frequently
- Stooping, Kneeling: Occasionally
- Talking, Hearing: Continuously
- Tasting, Smelling: Continuously
- Up to 10 lbs.: Continuously
- Up to 25 lbs.: Continuously
- Up to 50 lbs.: Seldom/Never/Frequently
- Up to 100 lbs.: Seldom/Never/Occasionally (with
- More than 100 lbs.: Seldom/Never/Occasionally
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is
frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is
occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne
particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; and outside weather
conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually
- Lighting: Good
- Temperature: Fair
- Ventilation: Good
- Vibration: Fair
- Noise: Fair
- Dust: Fair
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from
discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal
law. Click here for additional information.