Company: Contractor / Manufacturer in South Central PA
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Head Accounting Bookkeeper will be responsible to oversee day to
day tasks of accounting clerks as well as manage company
accounting, financial, payroll and related administrative
activities while reporting to the a company Director.
- Will manage and supervise assigned administrative staff of
clerks to provide an efficient team to perform accounting and
payroll functions, reporting and related activities. Will monitor
employee performance to insure compliance and initiate corrective
measures as required.
- Maintain liaisons with project and corporate management to
insure all accounting-related activities support the project and
work schedules, and client requirements.
- Provide Financial and/or accounting input as directed to
estimators for inclusion in bid proposals.
- Prepare and pay required local taxes for payroll.
- Establish and maintain relationships with banks and other
institutions as required to support activities and/or help resolve
any financial/accounting-related problems.
- Coordinate with external auditors in annual and special audit
- Investigate and/or help resolve any
- Will assist in managing administrative functions of the company
- Interface with insurance institutions in the procurement,
payment for and maintenance of required policies and documentation,
including but not limited to vehicle insurance for fleet, property
and liability insurance, Workmen's Compensation insurance,
Certificates of Insurance, etc.
- Work through appropriate legal avenues to assure initiation and
follow-through of collection procedures.
- Notarize documents as needed in the capacity of Notary
- Current valid PA Driver's license
- High School diploma or GED certification
- 2 or 4-year college business/accounting degree, or equivalent
- Strong and accurate math and accounting skills
- Extensive knowledge of standard and corporate accounting and
financial management procedures, company policies and
- Familiarity with construction policies and standards
- Through knowledge of all relevant Federal, State and local
requirements regarding financial records, taxes, 401(k) program,
- Must respect and practice confidentiality
- Proficient communication and organizational skills
- Computer skills in basic software and QuickBooks are essential.
Must also be capable of utilizing other payroll or financial
management computer programs.
- Skilled with standard office machines, such as calculators,
fax, printers, etc.
Following 90-day introductory period, Company-subsidized
Healthcare with H.S.A. savings option and company contribution,
company-paid short-term disability and life insurance, supplemental
dental and vision, AFLAC opportunity, Paid Time off (increases with
Keywords: Contractor / Manufacturer in South Central PA, Ellicott City , Bookkeeper, Other , Carlisle, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!