Customer Service Representative
Company: Select Medical Corporation
Location: Camp Hill
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Select Medical has been recognized as a Forbes "Best-In-State"
Professionally and courteously provide a variety of patient and
insurance services through mail, telephone, e-mail and personal
contact in response to patient account inquiries. This position
will maintain a more active role in fixing patient accounts in the
billing system and reviewing reports to assist in quality control
of patient accounts, specifically patient balances.
- Answer, forward and log incoming calls in the manner specified
by the Central Business Office (CBO) Manager or Supervisor.
- Comprehend insurance and patient responsibilities in relation
to account balances and billing.
- Resolve patient, physical therapy center, and internal account
inquiries, both verbal and written. Forwarding the inquiries to the
Lead and members of the Accounts Receivable team or appropriate
supervisors as necessary if unable to resolve inquiry
- Take patient payments and applying to account correctly.
- Process and forward incoming mail according to department
- Document the billing system concerning all verbal and written
communication relative to the specific patient accounts.
- Assist and support other departments and appropriate staff
members as needed to resolve patients account inquiries.
- Provide feedback to the appropriate CBO staff when informed of
changes in payers, plans, contracts, addresses, or other vital
account billing information.
- Follow all HIPAA requirements as defined by Compliance
- When not taking inbound calls; will work on other duties as
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum one year of Customer Service Experience in Hospitality,
retail, or banking
- Computer proficiency and experience in windows based
- Phone or call center experience.
- This job requires access to confidential and sensitive
information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information
- Medical Background (Insurance, Front Desk, Etc)
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to do so
- Ability to handle difficult situations with a positive
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Office Environment
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift weight up to 35 lbs.
Your Benefits As a Customer Service Representative:
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid
work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both
fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough paid orientation program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Life insurance;
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- No Required Weekends
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects
diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees
are treated during employment without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or
mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected under applicable law.
Keywords: Select Medical Corporation, Ellicott City , Customer Service Representative, Other , Camp Hill, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!