Housekeeping Aide I - Gettysburg - Full Time, 15:00 -23:30, Rotating Weekends and Holidays
Company: WellSpan York Hospital
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Under the direct supervision of the Supervisor-Housekeeping,
performs a variety of general cleaning tasks to maintain patient
rooms, offices, hallways and other assigned areas.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs a variety of general cleaning tasks to maintain
offices, hallways, and other assigned areas.
- Cleans and disinfects all fixtures, floors, mirrors, windows,
doors, and walls of bathrooms.
- Dusts furniture, woodwork, equipment and dust mops floors.
Polishes and cleans fixtures in utility rooms and bathrooms.
- Wet mops rooms, halls, stairways and public areas.
- Cleans fixtures, tops of windows, door frames and high areas
using a ladder.
- Gathers and disposes of trash and waste materials.
- Removes waste and soiled linens from work area and places in
specified bags or containers.
- Assists in hanging drapes and dividers and takes them down for
- IF ASSIGNED TO A PATIENT CARE UNIT: Performs terminal cleaning
procedures of patient rooms and prepares room for new occupant;
follows isolation procedures in isolation rooms.
- IF ASSIGNED TO A PATIENT CARE UNIT: Receives direct supervision
from professional nursing staff and Supervisor-Housekeeping.
- IF ASSIGNED TO A PATIENT CARE UNIT: Responds to call lights, if
in immediate area.
- IF ASSIGNED TO A PATIENT CARE UNIT: Maintains orderliness and
cleanliness of work areas and/or patient rooms.
- IF ASSIGNED TO A PATIENT CARE UNIT: Ensures patient rooms are
stocked with appropriate items prior to patient's admission.
- IF ASSIGNED TO A PATIENT CARE UNIT: Communicates with patients
and families to promote their comfort. Notifies the nurse or other
available care team member as needed to meet a patient's
- Other combinations of formal education, training and experience
may be considered.
- Minimum Experience:
- Minimum Education:
- Ability to read, write, understand and speak English at a level
which enables the individual to satisfactorily perform the
functions of the job
- Physical Demands:
- Moderate physical effort (lift/carry 11 to 25 lbs)
- Prolonged, extensive, or considerable standing/walking
- Lifts supplies/equipment
- Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling,
Keywords: WellSpan York Hospital, Ellicott City , Housekeeping Aide I - Gettysburg - Full Time, 15:00 -23:30, Rotating Weekends and Holidays, Other , Gettysburg, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!