Technical Support Specialist II
Company: Mount St. Mary's University
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Mount St. Mary's University Information Technology Support
Center has an immediate opening for a Support Specialist II. The
Information Technology Center is seeking qualified individuals who
will provide desk-side and remote support to on-site users and our
Frederick campus. Potential candidates must be able to demonstrate
excellent customer service skills as well as technical proficiency
in Audio Visual systems. The ideal candidate will have exceptional
interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening
and questioning skills. Additionally, the successful candidate will
have and maintain excellent customer service skills, high attention
to detail, and the willingness to learn and be part of a team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:Job Essential
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Terminating 16/2, 22/2, Coax and UTP/STP CAT6 cabling.
- AV system troubleshooting and hardware replacement.
- CATV repair.
- Knowledge of audio systems, mics, mixers, amps and
- Understand and troubleshoot all A/V equipment as well as
auditorium and classroom configurations.
- Coordinate tech and equipment for internal and external users
and event requirements.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing/AV
issues as required.
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities.
- Install, maintain and upgrade equipment and its associated
- Run diagnostic tests to isolate system problems and make
recommendations for potential solutions.
- All responsibilities of Support Specialist I.
- Other duties as assigned. Job Requirements: Education,
Experience and Skills:
- Ideally 1-2 years of similar audio-visual experience
- Potential candidates must be able to demonstrate excellent
customer service skills.
- Technical proficiency in the installation of AV equipment, such
as display/projector mounts, ceiling speakers and microphones.
- Bachelor's degree in information systems, computer science or
audio-visual technology, or an associates degree plus Avixa CTS
certificate and other certifications preferred. Comparable work
experience will be considered.
- Familiarity with cameras, projectors, PA systems including
mixers, amplifiers, microphones and other classroom equipment as
- Must be customer focused. Promote a continuous quality
improvement effort to enhance the services provided to clients,
students & staff by demonstrating positive attitudes and actions
through a display of courtesy, congeniality, cooperation,
professionalism, and sensitivity
- Overtime, weekend and evening as required. Exceptional
interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening,
and questioning skills. Strong documentation skills. The successful
candidate will have and maintain excellent customer-service skills,
high attention to detail, be willing to learn and be part of a
- Minimum Pay Rate: $19.00/hour
- This is a full-time position with full benefits and annual,
holiday and sick leave.
- The university offers a generous benefits package, including
tuition remission for graduate and undergraduate classes at Mount
St. Mary's University, retirement program with a match as well as a
generous paid time off schedule. Minor Tasks:
- Testing and maintenance of AV equipment.
- Ordering parts.
- Switch closets.
- Ethernet and CATV jack activations.
- Inventory of equipment and tracking.
- Perform related duties consistent with the scope and intent of
- Other duties as assigned.Special Knowledge
- Zoom and other soft codecs.
- Technical training and experience in audio visual systems and
networking is required.
- Familiarity with PCs, cameras, commercial displays, projectors
and other classroom equipment.
- Strong documentation skills. Familiarity with sound and PA
systems including mixers, amplifiers and microphones. Physical
- Ability to climb stairs.
- Normal, corrective vision range, the ability to distinguish
letters, numbers, symbols, and colors.
- The ability to lift and move AV equipment, if needed, of up to
- Must be able to negotiate between various buildings on
- Must be able to work weekends and overtime based on diverse
remote learning classes/event schedules.
Keywords: Mount St. Mary's University, Ellicott City , Technical Support Specialist II, IT / Software / Systems , Emmitsburg, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!