Pkg Machine Operator 3rd Shift (11pm-7am)-$22.50/hr plus $2/hr shift differential
Company: Campbell Arnott
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are
the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which
achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
JOB TITLE: Packaging Machine Operator - Salty
BASE RATE PER HOUR
# OF OPENINGS:
(Starting times and hours may vary depending on coverage due to
report-offs and the production schedule especially during
JOB SUMMARY/ JOB DUTIES:
The Packaging Machine Operator, under the general supervision, is
responsible for the safe, efficient and continuous operation of
snack packaging machinery.
* Maintains shift documentation (i.e., Metal Detector and Batch
* Reads production schedule and plans accordingly.
* Reads and interprets schedule in MicroStrategy.
* Able to print labels on different printers, choosing correct
program for each printer; move eye and clean printers.
* Perform nitrogen testing.
* Efficiently maintains the operation of packaging machinery by
monitoring codes, dates and prices.
* Maintains an adequate supply of roll stock and ensures all
packaging materials are available for each machine.
* Set up and write new programs for bag makers.
* Writes and/or edits machine micro logic as needed to maintain an
efficient and low waste operation.
* Creating and modifying code dates.
* Performs preventative maintenance on equipment. Sets up and makes
minor scale repairs and adjustments.
* Perform span calibration and/or adjustments on scales, adjust
scales linkages so it opens and shuts correctly, make minor
adjustments to formers.
* Efficiently operates packaging equipment which may include case
sealers and robot cells. This includes but is not limited to:
machine setups, troubleshooting, changeovers, proper running,
procedural adjustments, sanitation cleanup, preventative
maintenance and shutdown.
* Properly plans ahead for machine changeovers and efficiently
changing from one product item to another.
* Monitors and adjusts each machine to ensure proper cut off of
film and bags have proper end seals and back seals as required.
* Ensures machines are running at standard speeds.
* Monitors product appearance and adheres to weight control
* Identifies and resolves packaged product quality issues.
* Properly accounts for product run off and handles this product
accordingly; sorts through and reworks all good product
* Keeps machines and work areas clean, wipes packaging machines off
and blows down area when required to do so.
* Immediately reports any maintenance problems to appropriate
technician and/or supervisor.
* Practices and adheres to appropriate safety and hygiene
guidelines/procedures for safe housekeeping and personal
* Stores supplies in designated areas.
* Keeps work area aisles/exits clear and free from obstruction;
removes trash from work area floor.
* Follows instructions for safe lifting/carrying of various sizes,
shapes and weights; identifies/reports issues with equipment;
reports all job-related injuries to supervision.
* May maintain shift documentation (i.e., Metal Detector and Batch
* May provide leadership and direction to packers.
* May be qualified to perform as Back-up Packaging Coordinator, or
other technical/skilled position.
* If applicable, may monitor and replenish seasoning on overhead to
ensure proper seasoning coverage on product.
* Mandatory overtime may be required.
* May perform other duties as required.
High School Diploma or GED and/or 1-year production experience in a
manufacturing environment required.
Must be able to comply with the physical demands of constantly
lifting and moving stock by hand or with manual equipment
(including pallet jacks and forklifts). Ability to lift 40+ lbs. on
a regular basis, and occasionally be able to lift/move more than
50+ lbs. with mechanical or peer assistance.
Sitting: Seldom Standing: Continuously Walking: Frequently
Using hands: Continuously Climbing: Occasionally Stooping,
Talking, Hearing: Continuously Tasting, Smelling: (if applicable):
Two Handed Carry: Frequently Pushing: Frequently Pulling:
Overhead Work Standing: Frequently Ladder Climbing: Frequently
Low Work Sitting: Seldom Squat: Frequently Repetitive Twisting
Hand Dexterity: Continuously Bending: Continuously Repetitive
Twisting Standing: Continuously
Up to 10 lbs.: Continuously Up to 25 lbs.: Frequently Up to 60
Up to 100 lbs.: Occasionally More than 100 lbs.: Seldom/Never
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently
exposed to hot and/or wet and/or humid conditions. The employee may
be exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles;
and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work
environment is usually loud.
Lighting: Good Temperature: Good Ventilation: Good
Vibration: Fair Noise: Fair
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from
discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal
law. Click here for additional information.
Keywords: Campbell Arnott, Ellicott City , Pkg Machine Operator 3rd Shift (11pm-7am)-$22.50/hr plus $2/hr shift differential, Human Resources , Hanover, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!